General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bad Weather
9 Posts
the rain in spain, stays mainly in the plane :lol: :lol:

mary im sure you will be just fine :)
thanks for the words of confidence, but i've just looked at the weather forecast (as i do every day!) and 2 out of our 7 days say 60% chance of rain.... (sob!)
ahhh i hope not mary :cry:
have they any kids clubs at the hotel?
or look around the area for maybe activity centers
or indoor bowling, hope it doesnt rain to much for you.

love fizz xxxx
Hi Maryj1 we were on hols in Alcudia a few years ago in July and had a couple of thunderstorms, the kids loved it they thought swiming in a pool in a downpour was great fun. the hotel brought the entertainment inside etc and everyone got on with having a good time.
Dont worry about the kids they will enjoy themselves no matter what, relax and enjoy. If you think it going to be that bad pack the wellies with the suncream! :D In ireland we are used to changeable weather and have to be prepared for 4 seasons in one day! :wink:

Go on have a nice holiday 8)
Thanks to you both for your replies... Hubby pointed out to me that we manage to entertain the kids in the rain in this country, and at least in Spain it'll be warm rain, so i think i feel a bit calmer now!
If all else fails, i'll take our Disney rain ponchos and brave the rides in Port Aventura on the bad days (we did EuroDisney in the rain last March!).

:?
mary, i just got back from cap salou on monday and the weather while we were there was absoluteley gorgeous! even though i had checked it on the weather sites and they said it would be raining and overcast (we had rain a few nights but we were inside so didnt see it much) even so though there are plenty of entertainment bars and places inside for children you will be spoilt for choice.
Panic over - the rainy symbols have dissapeared from the forecast this morning!!!! YAY!
:hyper
Rain in Spain tends to be short sharp showers that come and go quickly, unlike the UK, so apart from a run for cover to the nearest bar, hotel so on for 10 minutes cover it doesn't usually effect you to much.

I have worked in Spain and have had days where I was on the beach one minute in fantasic weather, 10 minutes later taking cover from an almighty thunderstorm and 10 minutes later again watching the sun make an appearance once more for a continuation of the fine day beforehand. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.