Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
No he didnt - he's not like me, haha.
I might actually report it for him because i was shocked when i saw it.
Yes i think i'm going to put one on anyway, it might act as a deterrent, if they ruin my suitcase then they will definately be hearing about it!
I just put a cable tie on my case, just to keep the zips together and prevent from opening.

There's no need to put a lock on really. If someone wants something from your case, they'll either a) take it, or b) cut the zip like has happened here.
last year, we had an 8 hour delay at dalaman airport.....

when we landed at manchester and collected our luggage, the padlocks were still on, but the actual lock holder looked like it had been cut, and the case was no longer secure...very craft job, and disctreet, and hard to spot
just a word of warning flew back from dalaman on friday to gatwick. both our locks on the cases were missing, nothing missing but there was two other people the same nothing missing from theirs either but we had nothing of value in them.still had a great holiday
proberbly security just checking better safe than sorry
checking for what? thought they had them x-ray scanner thingys for that, i think its shocking that you lock your case for security of your belongings, then they come along and break the locks! :think
its might have happened in the uk you never know i would say the worst culprits are in the uk baggage handling departments, i knew a handler that told me never to lock a case as they can open anything, this is not to say that what happened to you is right but i do know they always have a look.
personally i think the checks are adaquate but you may have another scam in turkey going on with a handler ?
worth keeping an eye on things
mitchellclr wrote:
checking for what? thought they had them x-ray scanner thingys for that

They do, but if they see anything they want to have a closer look at, they'll access your suitcase. If it was at the departure airport, they normally put a call out for you to return to the check-in desk. If you don't appear, they'll open it in your absence. It's happened to me in the past with diving equipment when they couldn't work out what it was. A 45 minute interview and search to explain a strange looking metal tube full of wires in my suitcase before they'd let me travel!

Darren
that happened to me last year coming back from Bulgaria the handlers rifflled through my case and some items were missing, when i reported it they just blamed it on Balkan holidays, this could happen anywhere in the world they were just trying to pass the buck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.