Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
they know what they are looking for .the booze was left alone

What do you think they were looking for? (excuse my naiivity)
why on earth would you have your case wrapped in cling film? what is this Colombia?
Is this something you pay for rather like shrink wrap on articles you buy in stores here? If they are offering it as a service at Malaga why don't the authorities there do something about it?
What is it they are looking for.I saw on an earlier thread it was cigarettes they were taking.
i don,t know but on another thread it was recomended to make sure your cases were secure, which we did by puting two locks on the case,but it didn,t stop them getting in it,they ripped the zips off and ransacked the case,i thought the cases in the airport with this clingfilm on looked odd but i,m sorry we didn,t do it .in nov we will be.i don,t know what the cost is,but will look into it .
Rebel..did you fill in a damage report at this end? Hopefully you will be able to replace the cases with the insurance money. If you are going again I would advise you to do the wrap then. At least they will choose another case instead of yours next time!
I have seen them doing the shrink wrap and as far as I can remember that cost was about 5 euros per single case or 2 cases for 7 euros.

I thought it looked a good idea as it didn't only help stop the opportunist thief but also helped stopped the scuffs and scrapes to your luggage caused by the careless handling by the luggage (man)handlers
we are going back in 8wks,and will be having our cases wrapped,our ins has already got to pay for my hospital stay as on arrival to malaga my husband and neice were collecting our bags and i collapsed on the floor,a spanish speaking nurse was on our flight ,thankfully.he dealt with the situation,with the airport,but we have a 693 euros hospital bill,to get sorted.
yes we did fill in a form at the airport,we had already had a 31/2 hr delay to come home,then we had to fill form in ,as if you know what is missing at the time ,but my dirty clothes were gone ,and all the sheets were left there.
rebel, they do it in renia soffia airport tenerife too, we saw loads of suitcases with cling film on, we thought it was because they had been searched and broke the case. obviously that was not the case. ha ha.
but what happens if they want to search it then do they cling film it up again.
choc.
Rebel..at least it saved on the washing when you got home :lol:
ye but my mums locket was in there with just a cheap pair of earings in an inside pocket in a little box ,i take it with me always but never wear it in case i lost it.the swines.
Aw..I am sorry to hear that Rebel. It is always upsetting when they take items of sentimental value that can't be replaced.
i shouldn,t take it ,but it,s to late now,money cannot replace every thing.but what the use of my dirty clothes are to them ,must be pervs :?
comming home from Dalaman I forgot to even lock the lock on my suitcase how stupid of me !!! Amazingly nothing was touched !!
the bigger suitcase had most of cigs and baccy in ,but wasn,t touched.it had only one small lock on,a cheap 99p thing.but the other one had 2 locks ,good ones and was bust.they had enough time to rumage as our flight was delayed 31/2 hrs.
Maybe they thought that with two locks on there must be something worth stealing in that particular suitcase!

I always shrinkwrap my suitcases, especially when I am on non-direct flights. Also with soft sided bags/cases it has the advantage of keeping everything from rolling around inside :D
we will also be having our cases wrapped next time,there was several people waiting so we didn,t bother,but it took us longer when we discovered our case broke as we had to report it to the airline and fill in details,as if you can see at that point what is missing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.