hi i was wondering if anybody could help me out please. im planning a trip to the baltic countries (latvia, lithuania and estonia) i would like to spend around 3 nights in each country, and would like to stay in the capitals (latvia-riga, lithuania-villnus and estonia-tallinn)

they are all located fairly close too each other.

i was planning to fly into one of the countries, and then travel internally (coach/train etc) to the other countries. it would be easiest to travel to either lithuania or estonia first (as latvia falls in the middle) but the cheapest flights available are to latvia (ryanair, liverpool) for £50

has anybody else done anythign like this? what are the transport networks like in these countries? is it easy/cheap to travel in between them without a flight? how long does it take?

i would like to leave a.s.a.p after new years (1st week of january) and can spend around 9-12 days on the entire trip.

i would prefer to fly from midlands airports, liverpool or manchester then all london airports.

i thought if i booked a flight to latvia, riga, then booked my hotels/apartments seperatly in the 3 countries this would work out cheapest?
but im unsure of doing it this way in case something goes wrong??!

also im unsure about trying to travel to the three capitals by coach/train etc as i dont know the length of the journey and the reliability of the transport over there? so any advice on this would be appreciated greatly.

also any other advice on how best/cheapest way to travel would be appreciated alot too.

thankyou very much

regards