Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
I will be travelling there on 14th June and back on 21st! I will let you know how we get on! From what i have been told there are no issues around climbing or access but how near you are to the beach depends on what apartment block you are in. You can always contact the barcelo directly and put your requests to them!
I was in 2092. It was next to the pools and had a view of the beach,it was a ground floor with terrace, shops were right behind the apartment and it was still very quiet..beach entrance is only a 15 or so steps away. :D
I have just returned and was very disappointed with these apartments - the apartments were ok basic but the usual and on first impressions seemed clean enough when we arrived (about 11pm) our flight was delayed and we did not get booked in and into our rooms until after 11pm we then went to get something to eat but all places finished serving at 11. the next morning my daughter's apartment was covered in cockroaches they were on the doors and walls - we ran to the reception but it took us about 15 minutes before anyone came to us and even then the girl had trouble grasping what we wanted - she was trying to give us a spray to do it ourselves - i have a bug phobia!!! We went back to the apartment later that day and they had sprayed the apartment but had not cleaned up the dead bugs we called in a cleaner passing by but when she entered the room she ran out screaming and got the maintenance man to clean up. I then blocked all drains inside and out. The cleaners (wrongly named) would spend about 3 minutes in total and the whole week the bedding was not changed on the second last day my son was sick and i asked them to change the bedding when i got back to the apartment the bedding was left on the bed for me to change. We changed to all inclusive on our second day and saved a fortune on the drinks - kids could help themselves and not be looking for money all the time! Weather was terrible - one sunny day!
Hi,Alanna i have only just seen your report from your holiday and i've just returned my self and glad i didn't see it before i left as i would of not known what to expect.
I must say i really enjoyed my holiday we arrived at the club Barcello at lunch time 27th June, weather was a little windy and overcast and rep told us that fuertaventura had seen a bit of bad weather but it was on the change and in fact that afternoon the sun came out and stayed out for the whole of our holiday.
You said your apartment was bad what block was you in? we was in block 3000 and our room was right next to the pool so we had a view of the pool and sea that was no more than 2 mins walk away. Our apartment was great, when we checked in we was told they was brand new and i must say they was lovely very modern and clean with an air con microwave toaster hairdryer the lot we couldn't of asked for anything better.
Cockroaches was a problem at night and we found 2 in our room on the first night but after that it was not that bad as we but towels down to block the front door as there's a gap for them to walk straight on in we also blocked the plug holes, my mum was in the apartment next door and she also came home to them in the evening. The complex is very dark at night and need a bit more lighting around but you can see them all running around but its not just this complex that has them they seem to be every where.
All in all had a great time and a well earned rest just what i went there for and would deffently go again!
Hi all,

I am going here on the 14th of October what apartment number is the best and what should we do to keep the cockroaches out

Thanks
hi all...flying barcello apartments on 9th august and can't wait!!!
lookin forward to relaxing in the sun (oh and wind)..will post comments on my return
well just returned for the barcelo club el castillo.....a really nice resort that could a do alot more to bring the standard of the food and entertainment up to what you except from the barcelo chain.
basically they say they cater for young children...well they don't unless they eat chicken on the bone or fresh fish cooked in "whonoswhat" sauce, the entertainment programme is shall we say absolutely SHOCKING, obviously unless you like tribute acts that think they sound good(more like a cheap comedy show). Apart from those 2 points we wre really happy with the weather(absolutely boiling hot) and a very peaceful and relaxing place
We Went Here Last October 2006 It Was FANTASTIC =) A Lot Of Cokroaches But We Managed ;) Staff Rarther Friendly Pool Great But There Are Some Salty Ones =) Beach A Step Away! Overall A Very Good Holiday =)

P.S We Are Going Here Again On The 17Th October 2007 =)
Anyone wishing to post a review of this complex may do so here......

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
hi we have booked to go here in oct 2007 anyone give us idea wat it is like we go 3 oct taking one 8 year old :lol:
10 DAYS =]

Cant Actually Wait.

* Touch Wood * There Will Be Sun And Heat =]

Ill Post A Review When I Get Back.

Jamz1107.
Hi
has anybody been to Barcelo Club El Castillo this year
planing to go in June.
I believe there is a lot of refurbishment work going on
this started in January
how is this affecting your holiday

Coca
Hi Coca.
Just got back after a week at Barcello Apts. The building work is on the Apts to the rear of the reception. Part of the carpark is also used as a store/workarea. We stayed in apartment above the restaurant in the small square and had a lovely time. Spent most of day by pool where we heard no noise from the work. I would imagine if you were on the beach it was noisier,but the wind should help keep it down. Hope this helps. SueNick.
Hi suenicknicksue
Many thanks for your helpfull reply
is this work by the beach as well.
Did you have any problems getting a
taxi at the airport.

Coca
Hi Coca
The work is to the apartments to the right of the path as you walk from the complex to the town.So yes the work is near the beach.
The taxi rank was right outside the airport exit.We queued for about 5 minutes but the taxis came very regular. The fare to the hotel was just over 10 euros and back to airport was just under 10 euros.A very nice Merc both times.
Hope this is useful SueNick.
We arrived back from here last Wednesday. We were worried about the building works but there was no need to be. We were not disturbed by it at all. We were given a appartment on the Beach side which was really nice. Most of the work seams to be going on around the reception and the car park. It is all fenced off though. This was the best holiday we have ever had and cant wait to get back out there.
We emailed the hotel before we went to ask if we could be given a room away from the works and was told no problems. In our opinion we were given the best appartment there for location. Also there was unbroken hedges around our patio area which gave the feeling of privacy even though we were on the beach front. It was number 2062 incase anyone else wants to email to request.
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Please can you copy your review HERE when you have a moment?

Thank you!

Pippy :)
Hi thinking of booking this for the end of June. Can anyone tell me how much it is to upgrade to AI in 2008. Also are there any good bars within walking distance, and anything else you would like to tell me about the hotel and area. Thanks.
Hi have just booked a week all inclusive to this complex. does anyone have therer e-mail address so that I can contact them direct with refernce to the room etc
We went to this complex a couple of yeras ago and loved it, hope it still a good second time around.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.