Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Beach tents
15 Posts
We did this trip too some time ago. The beach was Cola Beach.
If you look at the thread- cola beach (blue lagoon), you will find lot's of information, just put it in search. Sorry no time to post a link just now.
xx lassi
http://www.bluelagoongoa.com/index.html

http://dwarkagoa.com/index.htm

Were booking Dwarka as it looks like paradise. A bit more expensive but worth the extra.

:) :)
Beach Tents - For chriss and alfie
xx lassi
This is such a naive question but I've got to ask anyway.

I would really like to have an overnight stay in a tent at Cola Beach.

I'm absolutely petrified of snakes. In all the years I've been to Goa I've been fortunate enough to never see one (the sight of one would give me the eebie jeebies)

What are the chances of a snake getting into the tent? What other sort of creepy crawlies has anyone experienced that's stayed there. I know it's naive but it does put me off going?
:yikes

I know just how you feel the thougt of them cant even say the word
But i will tell you i read on a other forum about having one in there tent :really so they moved into a hut to find a large Frog on there toilet :yikes
so there is no way on this earth i would do either tent or hut (which was on stilts) every time i go to goa or anywhere infact i pray that i dont see one. I wont even go into the sea after the shack boys telling me to stay on my bed and turn around because the sea had fetched 3 up on the beach. The boys and life gaurds caught them and put them back in the sea. :yikes

will be there on the 21st for 2 wks over xmas and new yr :wave:

Pip
x
This thread brought back happy memories from last year. Don't want to bore you too much but there are photos of our night at Cola Beach in amongst this lot:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22406034@N03/
Just double-click on the folder called 'Goa 2009', then click on 'slide show' towards top right.
Lovely photos kevin

Cola Beach looks lovely but I'm really not sure whether I would feel safe from creepie crawlies and snakes in the tent.
They are raised on a concrete base, although there were ants in the bathroom. :yikes :rofl
Ants I can cope with.

Scorpions and snakes - absolutely not. What a wimp I am :rofl :rofl
We didn't see any sign of snakes or any other creepy crawlies when we stayed in the tents. You would love it I would recommend you go for it.
Thank you BrenLiz

I am giving this one a lot of thought because of my phobia - Will probably decide when we get there.
We stayed there a couple of years ago, and had no problems at all (a frog on the bog seat, thats all). I would say it's a nice set-up for peace and relaxation, good food, no loud music, no sellers.
You could visit anywhere in Goa and come across nasties, so don't let this place, or anywhere for that fact put you off.
Have seen plenty of snakes around Candolim (not the taxi drivers..), more interesting than worrying, so go for it.
Spike.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.