Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
pup tents
5 Posts
Hi, i am new to caravanning too, having just bought my first one last year. It certainly is an experience finding your way around things!
A pup tent is basically a small one or two man tent, usually about 6ft long and about 4ft wide. You probably could erect it inside an awning for extra sleeping space but it would be a tight squeeze because of all the guy ropes!
With regard to the awning annexe, as long as you tell the site that you require space for an awning then you will have no problems with the annexe. Some sites will charge extra for the awning (usually a couple of pounds per night).
When you book a site, the charge usually covers the caravan and up to two people. Anyone over the two will pay an additional charge.
Charges vary from site to site and it always pays to ask when booking. You will usually have to pay extra for the electric hook up, sometimes if you take a dog with you........it can be a bit of a minefield so do ask these questions!

John :cheers
thanks a lot, we were thinking of doing 2 weeks in the caravan and awning, but just done the 1 night, me on floor of caravan, daughter on one settee, hubby on other and dad and son in sleeping compartment, that was too much of a sqaush, will have to see what annexe is like
A pup tent is a structure used for shelter that is made with some sort of durable material, such as canvas, and two poles. I think you can use it in a caravan awning for extra sleeping space. It is just made of a very light material and very flexible poles.
OK folks

a pup tent is basically any ONE MAN tent there are loads of variety about though nowadays they get called festival tents for obvious reasons. Some of them are not value for money and some caravan sites do not allow them to be pitched with the caravans.

rosalka09 wrote:
A pup tent is a structure used for shelter that is made with some sort of durable material, such as canvas, and two poles. I think you can used it in a caravan awning for extra sleeping space.

Pup tents used to be made like this but not any more in the last 10 years most are now "Pop-up" designs

Caravan awnings
these vary greatly in price from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand, depending on make, type and size.
They are normally designed to increase living space for daytime/evening use and to sleep in one an ANNEXE is a requirement. Annexes only sleep 2 people and can only be added to awnings designed to take them.

Regarding pitch prices these deserve a thread on their own needless to say some sites give a simple charge and annexes do not incur extra costs, but other sites charge for anything they can so do your research.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.