Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Beachcomber Bar
9 Posts
Hi Jackie,it was nice to meet you all too and will look forward to your return,glad you enjoyed your time in Mojacar,John.
Hi John, were coming to Almeria on 20/08/05 to Almerimar to be exact, how far is that away from you??? we will have a car for the two weeks :)
Hello Bev.Mojacar Playa is about an hours drive from where you are but I'm sure it will make a nice day.You can see the Cabo de Gata National Park on your way and the Fishing town of Garrucha makes a nice couple of hours.Hope to see you,John.
John,

May go back to Mojacar for a week late October, can you tell me when the season ends please.

Do the bars and restaurants close up on a certain date ? Does anyone go in November for instance ?

What temps would I expect day and night at the end of October ? I would guess 25 C daily max and min 13 C at night. Am I right ?

Tony.
Hi Tony,I think you will be about right on temps for that time.

the summer season as in most parts of European spain finishes at the end of October but Almeria is the driest and warmest part of Spain and many winter tourists miss out here when looking for a package holiday.There are many low cost airlines flying into Almeria such as ryan Air,Monarch and Easyjet and others and a host of holiday letting companies such as http://www.almeriaholidays.com just to mention one.

Most of the beach bars have to close during winter due to Spanish licensing laws.Many other bars and restaurants stay open and maybe close for a month during January or February (Beachcomber stays open 365 days a year)

I wouldnt say its busy in November but there is a massive ex-pat community here that seem to more than make up for a lack of tourists,well at least lunchtoimes anyway,admittedly the nights are very quiet,John.
Sorry we missed you when we called in last week John, however the food was well worth the trip and like you said the Cabo de Gata national park was stunning!!!
We are looking to coming back to Almeria in Febuary, how warm and how busy is it around that time??? We are looking to stay in Mojacar this time, Almerimar was lovely, but a little too quiet.
Thanks in advance :)
Hello Bev,sorry I missed you,Ive been doing a bit of fishing recently,any excuse to get out in the fresh air.
February is Almeria's coldest and quietest month.Last year we had snow,hailstones and temps down to -3c.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/colint/MVC-010F.jpg
The above is the result of a ten minute hail storm.
Hopefully this year wont be the same but !!!!!

Daytime shade temps between 11am and 3pm are around 16c to 18c and its quite warm in the sun well into the high 20's.

There are a few bars doing entertainment but mainly at weekends.

let me know if I can help further.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.