Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It is against the law for females to go topless anywhere in Goa. You can be arrested and fined, so be careful. I know a lot of females do go topless on the beaches, it is tolerated to a certain extent but still against the law.
I think this may be another thing that may change this year.I'm sure the Police will tighten up on lots of things, music and smoking have already been mentioned.
All the years I have been going ,I have never seen or heard of any problems with the Police and topless bathing.They are more interested in chasing beach sellers for a hundred ruppees.

Its always wise to be careful especially when you are on your own.
I have no intention of going over this subject, that has been covered in depth here before, but a couple of facts to keep in mind.
1 It is against the law of the country.
2 It offends the vast majority of the local populace.
Taking these facts into account, and as holidays to India are never, to my knowledge, sold with the suggestion that topless sunbathing is allowed, or approved of, perhaps if that is an integral part of your holiday, one should be looking for somewhere else as a destination, where it is accepted. Until now the police have not got themselves involved in this matter, but things are changing in Goa, and this coming season it may be different. Alan
not quite true gramps. on several occasions i have seen police officers making women put thier tops on!!!
have to say though, as soon as they went the women took them off again.
BOB
I've had to remove a reply from here. A reminder to that person of one of the T&Cs agreed upon when joining
3. Show respect and courtesy to all other users

Sorry Lassigirl, obviously I had to remove your post as it was in reply to the deleted one( even though I agreed with it)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.