UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
couldn't agree more the scenery up that way is fantastic,Grantown on Spey is a lovely little place,cheers Mark
Is there much to do around the village? The house we have booked is half a mile away. We have 2children who will be 11 and 13. Can they go in the pub there? We intend to visit around the area, including Aviemore, Cairngorns, etc, but on an evening, we are just going to stay in the house with the log fire! :) Would be nice, though, to go for a drink before we settle down for the night.
Not sure about the pub but i would imagine they would be allowed in the lounge until 9pm as that seems to be about the norm and especially in the smaller places,cheers Mark
If you visit the Cairngorms Cromwell you must go up the venicula railway,it goes up the mountain the views are fantastic and there is a visitor centre at the top with interactive bits for the kids. We took 2 of our grandchildren up there last year and they loved it.
Hope you have a great time
Londongirl :D
When we visited Aviemore this year, we went up the Cairngorns. Couldnt believe how cold it was at the top! Bbrrr! We wanted to go up to the top of the mountains, but missed the last trip by 5MINUTES! Tjhey had to stop it, as the wind was getting up. Never mind, we are going back again in February, so may have better look this time! Does anyone know what the "Husky Rides" are like in Aviemore, and how much they cost for 2adults and 2children? Cheers! :wave
My wrinklies stay on the isle of bute on the west coast and we cant get my son into the bars or lounges (its a holiday resort) and hes 14.

Something to do with the different licensing laws but we can get him into a hotel.

Maureen :D
Now that i think about it, not too bothered about going to the local pub. We go in February, so it will be lovely and cosy, to snuggle up in front of the open coal fire, bottle of wine, fire crackling. Snow falling outside..... hopefully! :shock:
Cromwell

What ever way i hope you enjoy it just remember your thermals and hot water bottle or better still a wee dram :glynis
I will definately be having a wee little dram to keep me warm. We have booked for Cyprus next year in July for two weeks, but my husband is more looking forward to Aviemore! It will be different, but lovely. The people are so friendly in Scotland, we know we shall enjoy it. :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.