Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sorry sue I hadnt seen your previous post . Sorry im in a bit of a daze this week. Dont seem be be getting a lot done :( but i have managed to pput my review on. Yes Kenny was the young good looking one wasnt he . all the kids and teenage girls loved him :wink: . I think you were right not to let her stay . Yes we would go back but next year I have already booked the cheap flights with Aegean flights and decided to have a change and fly to bodrum . paid £6oo for 6 seats and hoping to stay at the Aegean dream resort.

lyn

ps. I was really pleased to see your daughter got there quickly and everything worked out :D :D
Hi yes thats him. She has been speaking to him all through the winter on msn and he text her as soon as she arrived in Turkey!!! He had made some references to her now being 16, so that only meant 1 thing to me!!!
She will carry on being penpals with him i expect, thats ok.!! He is coming to England I think to stay with a family we know during the winter.

It was a bit hairy getting her out there, but she still got 9 days of her holiday, but it cost me a fortune in flights, transfers and not to mention my £116 mobile phone bill!!!

We too, have booked Aegean flights for next July, going back to Hisaronu have already booked the same apartment.

Will email you later with the club song
Sue :)
I am looking at booking to go here next July with my family but can only find it with Portland and Thomson. Are they the only operator who do this hotel? Also, can you book directly with the hotel for accommodation?

Cazz
Hi Cazz. It is only available via thomson/portland . Yes you can book direct but for us it worked out much more than the package price although you may be able to do it cheaper by booking accomodation only with Thomson and shopping around for cheaper flights or putting a package of your own together on the thomson website you may find cheaper than booking in the traditional way. There are also promotional codes for thomson around that could typically give you another £100 off.

lyn
Hi Lyn,

Thanks for that .... it will save me trawling through all the other operators. I will give the Thomson 'build your own' thingy a go though.

Cazz
Wow .... we were looking for 2 adults and 13 yo child (which is priced as 3 adults at the Belcekiz) travelling from a London airport for two weeks departing around 28th July 08. Price with Thomson was £3310 and slightly cheaper with Portland at £3275. I priced this on the 'Build your Own' part of the Thomson website and we found the accommodation put together with BA flights from Gatwick comes to a grand total of £2085 :!:

Needless to say I booked immediately! The downside was that we had to pay the total price at the time of booking but other than that I'm thrilled and looking forward to going back to Turkey! Thanks again Lyn!

Cazz :lol:
Crikey Cazz thats quite some saving for 2 adults and a child .I expected you to maybe save a couple of hundred but £1200 :shock: :shock: . Even checked myself , thought that must be a mistake :shock: and BA flights as well. :D For the 6 of us that would be a massive saving :D

well done you :D :D Does that include transfers , not that it matters really but that would be the cherry on the cake

lyn
Hi Lyn,

No, transfers are not included but we would probably have organised private transfers anyway as I hate waiting around for everyone to get on the correct bus :evil: and having to drop off at a succession of hotels!
Our actual travel date is 31st July from Gatwick which is only a few days later than we wanted to travel and such a bargain. It's all been confirmed and we have the e-tickets and accommodation voucher already so no mistake with the price. On the BYO if we had travelled with Thomsonfly on the 28th the total would have been about £3100, which is more like what I expected to find i.e. a £100 saving over Portland!

There's also no rep service in resort :D

Cazz
Hi Cazz . How many people use a rep now anyway . we dont even go to the meetings anymore. At the end of the day if you had any problem with your accomodation its booked with thomson anyway, a thomson hotel and the reps are always there anyway :wink: . You will love it there and its right in the resort so you get best of both worlds.
It just shows to check and check again and to play with the thomson booking system for various dates and combinations. I used the build your own for our Egypt holiday next easter but the system was a little different then and the build your own had only just come out. I saved a couple of hundred on the package price but the hotel I wanted wasnt available and still isnt as I checked last night as "accomodation only" so I booked it as something at the time called "the whole Shabang" + it still accepted a promo code for £100 off:D ..
I have flights already booked for the 6 of us for next year to Bodrum with http://www.aegeanflights.com which I only paid £100 each for back in june for departure 1st August 2008 and im looking to book the Aegean Dream resort in turgetreis on the Thomson site which they have at a good price. hopefully I should make a good saving too :D :D

Im so pleased for you :D

lyn
hi all,just booked the belcekiz beach hotel,olu deniz for 2 weeks 29th september 08. are they,re any hidden surprises? also will the kids club be open for my five yer old son? panicking
a bit about weather? and heard best rooms are in the annexe? cheers turkishstew :que

HI all ,just booked the belcekiz beach hotel,olu deniz for 2 weeks 29,9,08. I,m taking my wife and five year old son. IS THE HOTEL KIDS CLUB still open and the resort itself? also any tips for me about hotel,resort and weather at that time of year? better rooms seem to be in annex
of hotel? : :que turkishstew: cheers
I stayed in Summer 2006. We were allocated rooms in the annexe and really liked it there, some folk think it's too far from the action as it's across a small road. We didnt find this a problem at all. The rooms looked new, or if not freshly decorated. You are also close to the adult only pool if you want to take advantage of your AI drinks without walking over to the main hotel, as the Adult only pool has a pool bar.

The only possible down side of the annexe is sometimes you can here Club Sun Citys entertainment at night but it stops at midnight, and your unlikely to be in your room until then anyway, unless you have very young kids I guess.

There is a massive thread on this hotel on this board somewhere as a few regulars HTer's have been, one went last summer so her info is more up to date than mine. Try putting the hotels name in the Search.

You will love it there everyone does.

I'm going back to O. Deniz this summer, this time to Lykia World and still wonder if I should have just booked the Bel Beach again.

HTH, Doe :sun2
hi Turkishstew. We were there last summer and had a room in the main part of the hotel close to reception and had no complaints at all. right next door to the main pool for the sunbed run in the morning and although we were right on the main walkthrough I cant say we experienced any noise. Chris is right you will love it . there is a kids club there but if im honest i never actually saw it getting much use . Chris do you remember ?? . It really is a top quaulity hotel with lovely friendly staff and a great atmosphere.

lyn
:duh I can't even remember where the kids club was. I remember all the pool games with people doing raft rides from one side of the pool to the other, and watching the paragliders nearly land in the pool. :rofl

The amination team at that hotel are manic. They work their b**ts off to make sure anyone who wants to has a good time.

What was the name of the guy who goes about the place fanning you with that huge huge, palm leaf thingy? They are all mad. I've been on goodness knows how many holidays, but I've never had the Manager and staff come out and wave the coach off when you leave. I hope I get back there one day.

I went a bit before you Lyn. Mid July maybe ? we didn't have a manic sunbed run. I guess in August it's probably better to be in the main part of the hotel for sunbed purposes.

:sun2
It was on the other side of the main path in between reception and the bit where the pool tables were sort of underneath the resturant if that makes sense.

I think they changed the sunbed reserving rules last year so that the entrances were all taped off until 8 oclock . all this did was ensure queues built up at all the entrances ,then it was like the start of the january sales when the tape got lifted . people were running, leeping and legging it to sunbeds (me included ;) ) and you had to literally throw your towels at the sunbeds as you ran . Everyone waiting in the queues decided who was going for what sunbeds so there was no argy bargy unless of course you were up against someone coming from one of the other entrances . Sounds horrific and I had never experienced anything like it before but it was hilarious :rofl

but dont let that worry you turkishstew as you wont have that problem Sept/oct. Its just us poor things that have to go in the 6 week holiday .
I have heard this is the best place in Olu Deniz for a Turkish Bath. Is it still open to people not staying at the hotel?
Im pretty sure it is Ron . We were staying there last year and I would say they were happy to take anyones business. Its just inside the beach entrance ;)
I should have checked before we booked but does anyone know if the rooms in this hotel have baths? Also has anyone used the baby sitting service? If so was it any good?
Ours just had a shower and we had 2 rooms in the main part. Not sure about the annex .

sorry cant comment on the baby sitting service
I was in the annex and we also had two rooms. Both of these just had showers, which I think is the normally arrangement for Turkey.

Sorry, but also cant comment on the babysitting service.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.