Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just for you Fiona ;)

Benaulim is perfect for a relaxing beach holiday. Quiet village with a few shops, travel agent, chemist, bakery, dotted around the village no endless rows of shops selling the same old rubbish!. Buses to Margao and Cavelossim stop at Maria Hall, there you will also find taxi's and Tuk -Tuk's.
Not a lot of nightlife, no English pubs, no continental restaurants, no sports bars, IMO :think anyone who likes Calangute Baga or Candolim, would find it too quiet.
Mainly Guesthouse acommodation, some nice coco-huts Blue Corner , 5* Taj Exotica is nearby and the 3* Baywatch hotel is at Sernabatim. Lot's of good shacks on the beach, Little Tiger is very smart with raised sundecks and good toilet facilities.
A good destination for those who like a good , not overcrowded beach , and village life. Hope it dosn't change .
Agree with all of that lassigirl. It has become my favourite destination. Just back from my second trip of the season. I too hope it doesn't change too much, prehaps I should be telling everyone how bad it is!

True it's not for some, you need to be a bit more independant and not looking for the sports bar type of place. It takes time to find everything as it is quite spread out, but there is plently to find if you go out and look. On my first trip of the season I was alone and only left the village on four occasions in two weeks - two quick trips by tuc-tuc to the ATM at Colva, a business trip to Carvelossim, and a tuc-tuc ride to Margao to go on a little train trip to Kolem.
On the second trip there were six of us and we did a lot of getting out and about on mopeds, went to most places in the area from Majorda down to Paleolem as well as a shopping day in Margao.

As for tips, the only thing that comes to mind for now is that Benaulim does have an ATM, but it is Bank of Baroda which doesn't accept all types of cards. The nearest alternative ATMs are ICICI in Colva, Margao and Varca or AXIS Bank (formerly UTI) in Colva, Margao.

Geoff
I was also worried about saying anything geoff, but thouught it only fair to let everyone know how quiet it was :)
As long as no more hotels spring up, we should be Ok .
x lassi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.