Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I wouldn't bank on it being hot enough to sunbath at the begining of March- I suppose it depends how brave you are :) We were there towards the end of March a couple of years ago and had cloudy weather for most of the week- we also found it too chilly most days to walk around in shorts. We did brave it one day when the sum came out for a few hours and even lay around the pool for an hour. I know this was only one experience and you could be lucky with a lovely sunny week but even then I wouldn't say it was sunbathing weather.
warm enough to just sit round pool somedays with top and bottems rolled up.but saying that even in feb its warm enough to go on beach.you get a lot of people bathing right up to wall.and wind breakers.playing bowls or just chatting.walking up and down prom with the light breeze gives you a good tan.

but like said not really hot enough for shorts.just take a warm jacket for night time and a light warm jumper for day.as when out of the sun its does get chilly when walking round shops.
wondering if its warm enough to sunbathe in march would be going approx 7th or 8th for 1 week

Have a look at the excellent weather underground website. It can tell you what the weather has been like for most places for the last ten years!

Here's the link for your expected week in March

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LEAL/1996/3/7/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=15&monthend=3&yearend=1996

As you will see average high temp is 19C, range 11 to 29 (quite a range) over the last 10 years for this week in March
And should be mostly sunny
We went 1st week in March 2 years ago and weather was warm during the day went for 3 days and got a great tan cold on a night, went same time last year and it rained 3 days out of 4 and was freezing day and night. Going again on the 28th Feb for 3 days so hoping it was like the first year. You do need warm clothes on a night.
decided against benidorm in the end as weather to unpredictable. booked for lanzarote instead, will try benidorm sometime but later in the season.
regards tracey
Well came back on Thursday after my 3 day break, it rained the first day but the sun was out during the day for the other 2 days was very cold on a night. Stayed at the Calypso and really enjoyed my stay there would defo go there again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.