Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Our Administrator Glynis has just returned from the Costa Brava. Maybe she will be able to give youj some indication of what it was like.

In the meantime you can read her review HERE (Have to tell you it was a group of women though :wink)

Kath x
We more went because of the hotel than the actual resort. We stayed in hotel Amaika in Calella of which we didn't have any complaints.

Calella isn't a resort I'd particularly choose for my main holiday, but for a quick, reasonably priced short break it was ok.

We were a group of 13 but we were only a 'group' when we met up of an evening in the bar. The rest of the guests were couples and there certainly wasn't the stag and hen feeling about the hotel.
i think your basic choice is between lloret and calella. both have bars and restaurants open all year round, but will not be fully open in march.
both towns have become more popular in the off-season with groups, as families dont tend to take holidays out of season to resorts where it will not be guaranteed beach weather,but if you pick a better rated hotel you should avoid most problems.
i mean all groups cant be drunken lunatics out to wreck everyone else's holiday;some of the groups contain Admin staff from sites like this ;)
i would opt for the amaika in calella or the royal star in lloret, both seeming to be the best of the bunch that are open in the winter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.