Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya

The one region that is open all year round is Antalya, which offers you Belek, Lara Beach, Side, Kemer, Beldibi, Tekirova and of course Antalya for good quality hotels, both AI and other board options. Do you mean holidays for this year? If so, end March beginning April is Easter, so although the hotels will be open and in almost full swing, I should imagine a lot will be booked because of Easter being early.

Some of the facilities may be restricted, some are weather dependant, i.e. al fresco a la cartes and some of the outdoor activities, although most should be up and running.

You could look at the Bodrum Peninsula too, a few of the hotels there open on the 1st April, and it is a beautiful part of Turkey to holiday.

Below a few hotels that may be of interest.

Flying to Antalya

Antalya

Hotel Alp Pasa. (B&B or HB) small hotel, and may be unsuitable for anyone with mobility problems, built on an incline.......Lovely hotel though.

Hillside Su. (Boutique Hotel, B&B or HB options)

Lara Beach Region

Limak Lara

Concorde

Titanic

Barut Lara

Belek Region

Papillon Zeugma(Good quality hotel)

Papillon Ayscha. (Brilliant)

Cornelia De Luxe (Superb)

Spice Hotel

Ela Quality

Voyage Belek (Superb)

Side Region

Sentido Perissia. (Fantastic)

Hemera(Good quality hotel)

Arum

Royal Dragon (Colakli nr, Side)

Beldibi Region

Paloma Renaissance (Brilliant)

Sentido Beach Hotel.

Goynuk nr. Kemer region.

Mirage Park Resort

Bodrum Peninsula Flying into Bodrum

Salmakis Resort (Between Gumbet and Bodrum)

WOW hotel Gumbet (superb)

Ersan Resort and Spa (2 mile from Bodrum town)

Isis Hotel (outside Gumbet)

Parkim Ayaz (Gumbet) HB

A few to look at, and unless I have stated, they are all AI, and of high standard, apart from the Isis, which I know little about, but it does open by 1st April. Most we have stayed at, but if it is for this year, get your skates on, cos places are going sooooooooooooo quickly.
As for hassle, well, a bit of friendly banter may come your way, but to be honest nothing that is too in your face, and the people are so friendly that some how you just join in the fun.....

Weather wise, Antalya regions warmer than Bodrum Peninsula, although early April still a chance of a slight shower (10 minutes, then the sun out) warm during the day, cooler at nights, but nothing a light cardi or short sleeved shirt won't sort out. Plenty to do in most areas, apart from Lara Beach, just hotel after hotel.........................but the hotels are geared to make you happy, although gets very samey.

Bodrum Peninsula is far more beautiful, places to see, places to go, but slightly cooler during the day. A wonderful time of year to go, still catch the rays still able to lie on a sunbed and change colour, and easier to sleep than the high summer months, but you are restricted for hotel availibility on the Peninsula.

Hope this helps
Most of the resorts on the Bodrum peninsula will be closed at the end of March and the weather isn't always good, it can be nice but it can also rain, not sunbathing weather though. I love Bodrum and I used to live there but I wouldn't recommend it in March unless you are intending on driving about and sightseeing, and I would definitely not recommend Gumbet this March as there is a lot of building work going on that wont be finished until the end of April.

Antalya is the better region for early holidays anyway, although if you don't want to be somewhere with nothing to do I wouldn't say Lara Beach as there are basically just hotels and nothing else. Maybe Side would be better.
I went to Hotel Lara Beach last April (12th till 21st) and the weather was lovely, it was always 27-29 degrees and the only time it rained was once during the night, mind it was a storm like i've never seen before!
The sun was out every day but it got cloudy most days between 4pm and 5pm?? not sure if this is the norm for april in antalya?? Anyway, yes its a quiet resort but the hotel was fantastic and perfect for a relaxing break.
Thanks everyone for the great advice, especially Triflebum. We have booked the Sentido Perissia, which looks fantastic, and leave next Tuesday 30th March for one week. Will reply back on my return with regards to the weather and such. Thanks again.xxx :cheers
I am so pleased you have got something booked, and the Perissia is a brilliant hotel, we stayed there mid April a couple of seasons ago, and had an absolute ball.

The staff are first class, and the rooms are to a high standard, mini bar, safety deposit boxes and you can get robes from reception, all included in price. The outdoor fish a la carte may be closed, this of course is weather dependant, and it did only open at the end of April, but, you have the fantastic Turkish which is lush and the Chinese which is very good also.

The piano bar is the place to go in the evening after the show, and a fun time will be had by all.

Wonderful pool areas, glorious food and a beautiful beach............so, job's a good un.

In the opposite direction from Side town in Kumkoy, a smaller village like place, but has some good bars and some nice shops too, so worth a look, but whatever you choose to do, just have a brilliant time.

Looking forward to your comments on your return, take care and safe journey.

Trifle "B"
Hi all, just returned from from a glorious week in Side. Thanks Triflebum for the recommendation, the Perissia was fantastic. The staff were great, really helpful and friendly especially the pool man and waiters, nothing was too much trouble. The weather was great, between 22 and 26 degrees, which we didn't expect and was a real bonus. We did get a couple of cloudy days but this didn't stop us sitting by the pool relaxing. The food was great, plenty of choice and the desserts were amazing I don't think I've eaten so many cakes in my life as I did this week. The hotel was busy but too much that we couldn't get a sun bed or a table at dinner but our on last day the amount of guests seemed to have doubled so I can only imagine what it must be like in summer, so I think we picked the perfect time to go. All in all an excellent holiday, the only downside is that it was over too quickly. Thanks again everyone for your advice it helped me find a brilliant holiday.xxx :tup
Oh I am so pleased your holiday was a good un! It is a wonderful hotel, and they do try very hard to please.

Is the Piano bar still in full swing after 9.30? Had a few laughs in there, and met some fabulous people.

Would you consider going back to the hotel, or, are you like us and try something new each time?

If you need any help with any more hotels and you think I could be of any use, then please shout up, only too happy.

Til next time, take care, and again glad you had a good time.

Trifle xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.