Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya Ymmymummy..Me personally would hold out till later after xmas being that you want to go more or less at the end of the season i think you'll get it cheap, i dont think they'll be overcrowded with visitors this season i found it quite when we were in goa last march april..Especially with this fiasco now of the tar balls on the beach the latest news then theres the river princess breaking up its not looking to good for us visitors although i'll still be there in nov/dec rain hail or sunshine(haha)...I'll have alook around on here for cheapo's for you YM this afternoon...
Sleep_r_us...
Hi Yummymummy I didnt look last year but March 2009 I had the opportunity to go although I ended up getting a schedule flight for 10 days, I did look at the charters and they had reduced loads, could have had a premium seat - flight only on monach for 120 and the holidays were coming up for around 240 I only started looking a couple of weeks before I went but if you have the nerve to hold out I am sure there will be bargains to be had. Good Luck
Thankyou Sleep_r_us and nejulie :)
I will definetly take both of your advice and wait until after the new year to book.

I've been to Goa in April before, so i know we will be able to cope with the humidity, and with it being the end of season, the quiet atmosphere will be better for us also.

In the meantime, i will be looking into what trips that we can go on, as i still haven't been on the waterfall trip or the junglebook trip.

Now that my son is a bit older, we can now go on these trips, although we did go on the crocodile trip and visited Old Goa before he was born, so we have done some trips in the 7 times that we have been :rofl .

If we were going on our own, then i would quite happily spend the whole 2 weeks chilling out on the beach, and the occaisional afternoon of shopping; but because our 7 year old is coming with us he will want to go on trips.

He is on the Autistic Spectrum, so he is not really into what other typical boys of his age are. He loves finding out new information, and would definetly enjoy visiting Old Goa again, and the boat trips. He loves being fed with knowledge, and i feel this is why he likes India so much. We took him to Turkey a few times, and he wasn't keen on that :rofl

we first took him to Goa when he was 6months old, for 3 weeks, and then most years after that.
Looking forward to it now :)
Hi Yummymummy I think if you keep an eye on costs over the next few months you will be able to judge when the right time to book is. I did the waterfall trip a couple of years ago with some friends children and they loved it, the boy especially loved the bumpy jeep ride so I am sure your son will love it and though Ive not done the Junglebook trip I think any child would love that. As you know Goa is rich in heritage and theres always something new to learn or discover somtimes seeing these things through the eyes of children make it so more enriching for us. I visit London quite often with my hubby for short weekend visits, but last year we ended up taking my 2 nieces and saw and did so much more in that weekend that we had ever done in all the weekends previously.
Thanks nejulie for your good advice :)
I will update when I find something suitable to book.

We aren't looking for any specific hotel, any hotel will be fine as long as its in north Goa, and has a swimming pool.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.