Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi Lisa,
Having been to both these resorts I would highly recomend Benidorm.
Firstly the weather will be better in Benidorm as its further south, there is a huge golf course in Benidorm and it is a livelier resort. I can recomend the Flamingo Oasis fully inclusive, wheelchair friendly and entertainment throughout the day and evening. You can book it with Thomsons as this is the cheapest tour company. ( it was even cheaper than booking on line and as we had booked early, we got a free child place and £300 knocked off main brochure price. Hope this is of help. If you need more info send me a private message as I'm usually on the costa blanca forum.
Cazz.
Reviews for Flamingo Oasis HERE and discussion HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
we have been to Benidorm and salou preferred Benidorm to salou much cheaper and cleaner :)
im worried,how come everyone one the the costa dorada forum is reccomending benidorm over salo!!!!!! :evil: ps.ive never been to either really,we went to the hotel el paso in october and had a fantastic time,but ventured into salou once on a dull day,we enjoyed ourself.......pps.usually go to ibiza how does benidorm compare to this?
Mo ... if you want a totally biased opinion, Benidorm beats them all. :wink
It may be worth checking out the Resort Reports via the navigation bar at the top of the page.

David :wave
hi david,ive come to the personal conclusion that i prefer a small bay like es cana in ibiza to a massive beach area like benidorme,but i havent been to the latter so i cant compare.can you enlighton me?what is benidorms charm,and which hotel do you reccomend,as the reviews arnt always brilliant.thanks mo
Es Cana, been there and it was too quiet, although it was very nice there wasn't much entertainment for a seven year old on a night.
Benidorm is the total opposite, livelly, huge loads to do on a day and night. This will be our fourth visit in the last 6 years, staying at the Flamingo Oasis, fully inclusive. Just click on one of the boxes at top of page for resort reports and reviews and you'll find loads more than I can put down.
The first time we visited I thought it looked like Beirut, but after a while you don't notice the high rise hotels.
You'll either love it or hate it.

Cazz n Tom
Salou or Benidorm.

Easy answer for me: Salou!!!!!

I didn't think Benidorm was cleaner than Salou, neither are perfect on that score.

Salou is less high rise, the beaches in both resorts are very good, both have the EC blue flag.

Theme Park in Salou is better than Terra Mitica (only my personal opinion)

Salou felt safer.

The seafront in Salou is lovely - you can walk around the rocks where there are loads of cafes - very nice atmosphere or walk along the wide palm lined prom.

Benidorm has a better old town than Salou it has to be said but other than that I would rather go to Salou anyday.

I'm the first person to stand up for Salou, anyone else out there?????????

Have a good holiday wherever you go. Both destinations have the ingredients required for a good holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.