Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
You don't know what you've started asking that question :D

It really is personal taste, but I think Salou is a much nicer place.

Lower rise, nicer prom, less rowdy but still lively and a generally better holiday atmosphere.

But in order to answer you better, what do you look for in a holiday? Benidorm is better for live entertainment but I didn't like the place.

I felt it easier to get away from the noisy parts of Salou when I fancied just chilling out, Benidorm feels more city-fied.

I know for a fact that I'm gonna get lots of people disagreeing with me but for me its Salou!

If you have any specific questions about both resorts then please post again, I'm sure the members on here will have loads of knowledge they can offer.

It has to be said that neither resort can be described as 'Upmarket'.

Whichever resort you choose, have a good time!

Mark
HI been to both and must say i prefer Benni we liked salou for the theme park which was better than the one in Benni. to me there is more to do in Benni loads to see in both resorts both have exlant beeches and proms. but night life in Benni is better with more choice again as mark says it all depends what you want from your holidays they both have there good and bad points what ever you choose you will have fun

the fatboy
hi... was in salou this year and benidorm last year... we have booked for benidorm again next year... much more entertainment.. our 11 year old had more to do in benidorm than in salou and if he is entertained we are happy...scully27
Sorry Salou fans!! But for me it's Benidorm :lol:

Been to Salou 3 times

Benidorm about 15 times

Much more to do in Benidorm :lol:
i'll have to go with salou,never short of any thing to do,kids liked it better and for some reason the beach felt safer,plus it does'nt seem as in your face as benidorm,so have a great time where ever you choose
I have been to both - and loved them both. I personally think they are both suited for families but i think older children will enjoy Benidorm more, and younger children will have more to do in Salou. If you can't make up your mind, maybe book one for this year and the other for next year! Enjoy it, wherever you go!
I love both places but after being to Benidorm this year I would say the big difference is the prices once in resort, Benidorm is by far cheaper so is now my preferred destination.
Like most people have said here, it really depends on what you want from your holiday and who is going. We have been to both, Benidorm several times as the kids (18,17 & 15) love it. I guess to sum it up for us, we are going to Salou next week as we are taking most of the family (13 in total) the age ranges from 2 years to 67 years so Salou is a better option, however next year I am 40 :roll: and planning on spending a long weekend with other adults in Benidorm, I think we might be having a few

Salou is a lovely gentle place but still lively and Benidorm is a party resort I guess but you can still get away from it if you choose to go to the old town.

You will have a great holiday no matter where you choose. Have a great holiday.

Sue
I was in Salou in May and Benidorm last month. Been to Salou twice and Benidorm 4 times now. Got to admit, I like both places but think my ties are with Benidorm..............

Good luck in making your decision! :D
I also like Benidorm better. It has a lot of variety, the old town, beaches etc. Nevertheless, I have read an article about Salou saying that one of the biggest Banks of Spain has invested a lot of money in building new attractions. They are building 3 golf courses, a shopping mall and much more to open in summer 2008.
We preferred Benidorm by far xx
Having been to both I would not hesitate to recommend Salou before Benidorm which in my opinion is like New York with a beach. If you are into not being able to see the beach from the eighteen floor of your hotel balcony because the hotel over the road blocks the view and you love concrete, beggers on every street corner and gangs of drunken Spanish thugs roaming the streets then go to Beni-dump. You`ll love it.
oxton swa i take it you have not been to benidorm cause the way you explain the resort is nothing like the benidorm that i have been to. i have been to both and they both have good and bad points but i suppose everyone to there own

the fatboy :) :) :)
I actually agree with Oxton Swa, thats how I found Benidorn as well, although having said that I still really enjoyed myself but I think Salou is so much better but I'm also aware that this is a minority opinion. As usual its down to personal taste, do as much research about both places as you can and go with your gut instinct, or try both!
agree mark its the bit about spanish yobs that i cant understand never see a spanish person drunk if oxton had said brittish i would of agreed ;) ;) ;)
beggers on every street corner and gangs of drunken Spanish thugs roaming the streets then go to Beni-dump

agree mark its the bit about spanish yobs that i cant understand never see a spanish person drunk if oxton had said brittish i would of agreed

Thats a whole new debate and one we don't want to get into on HT.

Thanks

Sarah
I was in Benidorm in June 2002 so maybe it has cleared up its act since then. And we saw plenty of drunken Spaniards when the clubs closed believe me.
sorry sarah i did not mean to offend anyone just dont like people slaggin of benidorm or salou or anywere everywere has its good and bad points :whoops :whoops

the fatboy
Salou betta. got rides, water park, sun, bbq, n lots more but benni no chance for younga ppl who gets smashed which is not 4 me
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.