Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
you dont have much option Cytanet have a virtual monopoly the only other one i can think of is MNT website PAYG

yasus
wizard
I would be inclined to stick with free WiFi hotspots....

All Mcdonald's and Starbucks have them plus a number of bars are in on the act now too.
shell... correct me if im wrong but don't you have to be a long term resident to get a sim in Cyprus?

wiz
You can buy a sim card from Cyta or MTN for varying reasons:
Someone who comes back every few months can purchase a PAYG simcard with a designated number. Once the card has been topped up after the initial credit expires, the credit will last for 12 months. If there is no further top up after that time or phone useage - that's it, the card expires.

There are also "holiday" simcards which are valid for 4 weeks, can be topped up during that time - but they expire after the 4 weeks.

This page gives some more info as I don't have all the details but the standard PAYG simcard is approx €15 with about €5 credit and a bunch of text message credit.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Cyprus/Cyprus-Guide/Telephone-Internet2/Cellphones
Thank you i will look at the Vodafone option when in Cyprus.
Posting this using my tablet in Deryneia. I'm using an MTN pay as you go SIM. 200MB data for €10 :-)
http://www.mtn.com.cy/index.cfm/id/330/lang/english
Thank you Pubdog looks good i will try and find an outlet in Ayia Napa.
You can pick up simcards in either the outlet shops or most peripetero's (ΠΕΡΙΠΤΕΡΟ), otherwise referred to as kiosks (small corner shops/newsagents) so you probably won't need to look too far. ;)

There's a periptero on almost every corner!
HI thank you not going until early September.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.