General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sorry

The kids are 12, 10 and 3 all boys!!

Me and my hubby are mid 30's

Thanks
we are a family of 5 . all boys also . mine are much older now but when they were that age the problem was always that I needed to pay 3 aldult prices, one a bit cheaper and the other if I was lucky I would get a free child place. We always go a/I and I used to spend hours going through brochures and picking out the places that would sleep 5 in a room until i realised that actually it often worked out cheaper to pay 4 adult prices in 2 standard twin rooms and hope that I could then get the 5th as a free child price. to be honest I dont find there is any one T/o in particular who do better prices although portland is usually my first stop. I have found over the years that whilst 1 company could be cheap one year the next they arnt so its best to do some research first , read lots of reviews and give yourself a shortlist of possibles hotels. next check the price of your chosen accomodations with as many T/os as you can think of + the likes of http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk who will put together a package for you . also check the price if you were to book flights then accomodation seperately. particularly if your chosen destination is served by the budget airlines. you can book accomodation only with thomsons, also http://www.somewheretostay.co.uk who are part of Cosmos ,travel republic, winter sunshine to name a few.

I m finding it difficult to get my brain going this morning . Im sure someone else will be along soon with a big list of links to all our favourite websites.

lyn
sorry Jo im really not with it this morning . youve probably done all your research for your may holiday and this is for a bargain week .so im taking you dont care within reason where you go as long as its a bargain :duh . have you checked out the budget airlines to see if you can get a cheapish flight somewhere for now then you will have plenty of time to find accomodation

lyn
We used Travelrepublic for our sumemr holiday - 2 adults and 3 children and we've got away for just over a grand for 2 weeks in a hotel on B&B basis (that includes flights) so it's definitely do-able.

We're going to Majorca - did flights ourselves with jet2 and accomodation with Travelrepublic
We are a family of five and go for a fortnights hol in school hols we always find bargains on First Choice's web site. I even found one for a fortnight at easter for the five of us for 660 for a fortnight.
I look at all airports too not just my local one as one year we drove to gatwick from manchester and saved over a grand on the same hol from Manchester.
Also you can do different combos to check the prices such as 2A+3C, 3C+3A, 4A+2C, 5A+1C OR EVEN 6 ADULTS prices can vary on silly things like that.
We usually go on hols May/June 2 week whit hols (in my area coz they only get 5 in summer not 6)
in the brochure it is 2600 for all of us , but when we book late using the last minute part of their web site we pay around 1200-1400 depending where we go usually four/min three star self catering hotels/apartments.Sometimes that is with two rooms and not one as well. ;)
We normally book between six and up to two weeks before for late deals. Ive even found some lates for the same prices in August especially the last two weeks of the school hols. Anyway here is a tip.........
dont wait until the last two weeks to book as the prices start going back up then due to the increase in supply and demand, also your luggage limit could be reduced to 15kg from 20kg each. Oh and if you leave it that late they dont send tickets out in the post, so you have to pay a collection charge at the airport desk. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.