General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You would be sure of the weather if you went to the Canaries.

In my single days, my friends and I always had two weeks there in the winter
(usually October or December) and it was always glorious weather, although
the days were shorter and the evenings a bit cooler.
Thanks Milly, I did think about Gran Canaria.

Does everything stay open the way it does in middle of summer?
Mackem67

Hi there yes Gran Canaria is open all year round as it's an all year round destination
My friends went there in november with there daughters and they said everything was open and the weather was still brilliant!

I'm heading out there in september and I can't wait :sun2
thanks shazajo, I think I'll price some hotels up there.....
Hi, Id also recommend Gran Canaria, or maybe even Tenerife?

Avoid any Greek resorts in October, as its not as warm as the Canaries.
The red sea in Egypt . :tup Hot and sunny all year round . Sharm is the obvious choice but there are other options.
We have been to Rhodes in October and got beautiful weather. Have a look at Lindos - that side of the island always seems to be a few degrees higher as well.
My old friend from university has a sister who works at a travelagents, and she said Greece typically isnt a place for sunshine in October.

Id definetly opt for the canaries
been to Greece/Cyprus/Algarve/Spain all end of Sept/beginning Oct had super weather [odd day of rain but you must expect these things]

yasus
wizard
Will echo the sentiments of everyone else. My suggestions are: Egypt, hot but cooling down from the high 90's..makes it more bearable. Gran Canaria - lovely at any time of the year and you will get good weather. Also, Tenerife will be hot too..and last but not least, Lanzarote..although the weather may be a little more unpredictable there.

Egypt is about 5 - 6 hours flying time from most UK airports and the Canary Islands can be reached in about 4 - 4.5 hours from most UK airports.
We have had good sunny weather in Greece, Majorca and other short haul destinations in October. We had a fantastic hot week in Majorca in October 2006 with no rain whatsoever. But it cannot, of course, be guaranteed. With the weather what it is at the moment (Spain had it's wettest May in 40 years) then you take a chance wherever you go unless you can stretch and go further afield.

Pippa
Definitely the Canary Islands! Anywhere hotter (Caribbean etc) would be too long a flight for just a week's holiday and anywhere with a shorter flight (Spain/Greece etc) would not have guaranteed weather during half-term at the end of October.
Been looking for a cheap week for myself and daughter from 25th October, and Puerto Rico (Gran Canaria) is looking good :sun
Can only agree with Lynwestie---------------Egypt everytime in October-weather superb!!!!!!!
Another :tup for Egypt from me, I went in October once, georgeous weather, not a cloud in the sky all week
Same from me too. Egypt definately in october. :sun2
I go away most years during october, visited many different countries, obviously everybody has there own preferences but I dont think turkey can be beaten in price and weather! :sun2
turkey for me too the weather is lovley and it's cheaper than most places .go to the turkey forum and you will see the comments there :wave:
would playa des ingles in cran canaria be still lively on 20th september, thinkin of goin wit 6 lads there? otherwise ibiza or magaluf?
Oh God yeah!

Playa Del Ingles is still buzzing in December so September will be ace! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.