Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Probably when the first edition brochures come out around August 2005.

Have you ever tried going with Portland I find them the best value
I DON'T BELIEVE IT

Summer 2006 brochures out in April.
Trouble with booking early is you dont necessarily get what you book. We booked on 1st September last year for mid August this year. They have already changed my departure airport and attempted to move us from a one bed apartment to a studio stating that "I am sure you will appreciate brochures are printed many months in advance and in some cases it is necesarry to make changes".
Don't forget the travel agents charge £100 for their service. Book the hotel, Flights etc over the internet. Mines only costing £200 for 7 days from the 5th Sept. at the Riveria :D
I agree about booking over the internet, you can save so much on the brochure prices. We got a weeks self catering for £110 once, and a weeks all inclusive for £300.Admitadlly that was when we booked much closer to our departure, but even if you book in advance im sure you still save.
Thanks for replies, already going with portland this year for the first time but have been with thomson before, will look out for the early editions thanks for help
Rosie
Hi all

I was in a First Choice travel shop today and they confirmed that the new first edition brochures for summer 2006 will be released on the 14 of April.

So get set everybody and happy booking

Graham :hyper
Thats great love looking at the new brocheres
rosie
can't quite agree with booking ahead,i have had my heart set on going to a resort for the last 6 months for june 05.
sept 04 price £1410.00
jan 05 price £1525.00
feb 05 price £1654.00
mar 05 price £1207.00
for exactly the same holiday
going with thomsons all-inclusive got quote from going places and lunn poly then went back to thomsons directand they undercut there own shop by £120 !!!
i have never booked a holiday as early as this before and i dare not check the price now as iam sure it would go down further but i want this hotel ....
last year booked 2 weeks before leaving for costa's 4 people s/c 7 nights £230 in july !!

john.
Don't really agree that you get the best price by booking way in advance. I booked in late January for 2 weeks in San Antonio Bay for late July and got the price down to £400 for 2 weeks self catering in 2+ accomodation, not bad I think. You just have to shop around, I couldn't find much better online. If you take a quote given by other travel agents to other ones they try their best to match it, if they can't they will just tell you. First Choice won't even give you a quote on paper as they aren't allowed to do so apparently.
I still think if you book as soon as the FIRST EDITION brochure is released you get the best deal, especially if you are looking for a specific hotel at a certin time of year, ie book in April / May this year for summer 2006.

By the time July comes you are usually on to at least a second edition brochure with higher prices.
Although travel companies & agents advertise discounts in January they are by then on to an even later edition brochure and the basic cost of holidays have risen massively since the first edition brochures were released, so what you think is a great price is still in fact much higher than you would have paid if you had priced / booked the holiday in April when the new season brochures were just released.

Of course the cheapest way to go on holiday is to leave it to a couple of weeks before going and getting a last minute allocated on arrival deal.

Here is an example taken from our holiday for this year to Margarita island with First Choice. These prices are based on 4 adults

May 2004 price £2800 (we booked just as this years brochure was released)
Oct 2004 price £3108
Jan 2005 price £3850
Mar 2005 price £4120
Todays price £4093

So by booking in May 2004 when this years holidays were released we have saved almost £1300.

If we had booked in January with supposed discounts we would still have paid just over £1000 more.

I think people have just got to use their judgement and if they find the holiday they want at a price they are happy to pay they should just go for it.

Happy hol's 8)
Graham
When I went to Ibiza 3 years ago I got a really good deal in the June for October of the same year.It was for the Sirenis Sea View,2 weeks HB for £349.The brochure price was then £915 with Airtours.I booked it through Instant Travel on Teletext but other teletext companies also had the same offer on.
It can be cheaper booking a late deal, but if you have your heart set on a particular resort/hotel then you might be disapointed!we booked in September 04 and just about got the last room!
fair comment ,but always remember it can be the last room from the companys allocation so rooms are normally available from a different company that might run holidays there or direct from the hotel.
john.
Most Hotel owners keep a few of rooms over for there personal guests / friends (except for August). And will quite willingly let them out if you go to the hotel recepetion directly or ring from the airport.
:D at last ive found some like minded people who are keen to book for 2006,the first choice website is now taking bookings for summer2006, but i am a bit dissapointed that the free child places seem to be reduced.in 2003 and 2004 we got one free child place (ive got 4 kids)at the escane appartments in es cana.for2005 we have secured 2 free child places with eclipse direct all for the same time of year may 28 for 2 weeks,but when i have priced up for 2006 the free child places are only available on the 24th or the 31st the wendsday either side this means taking the kids out of school for longer than we would normally. direct holidays have got some good offers at the moment and with lots of free child places, but as i quite fancy rhodes next year the flights dont quite fit in with my dates,never mind i will have to keep looking :(
May 2004 price £2800 (we booked just as this years brochure was released)
Oct 2004 price £3108
Jan 2005 price £3850
Mar 2005 price £4120
Todays price £4093 ( 6 april)

With 10 weeks to go here is an update on the First Choice price for our holiday, the cost if booked today is now up to £4158.63.

Remember book early 8)
I didnt book my holiday this year until January.I got 2 weeks in benidorm for 2, half board in june for just over £800 the brochure price was £1500. the prices on line were charging more or less the same price for self catering
:D after much deliberation,and studying the brochures and websites,ive finally booked for 2006,sirenis jabeque appartments in figurettas/playa den bossa, august school holidays for 2 weeks £2630 for a family of 6 with direct holidays.this is actually less than we paid last year for the end of may.ive read the reviews on these appartments and they seem really good, any extra info would be appreciated : :D we are going to santa eulalia in 3 weeks, and ive looked at going to greece etc.but ibiza wins hands down.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.