Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi CiderMonster. I'm off to Blanes on 12th Sept. Always go mid May & various times in September. Weather can be generally great, but like the region in general can have heavy rain for brief periods. Not many Brits there in the last couple of years, but not really a Brit resort like Lloret or Malgrat. Blanes is my favourite resort, maybe not to all tastes as it is fairly quiet, but remains a "proper" working town.
i'll be in lloret that week and you can usually expect decent weather. it is probably my favourite time of the year to be in the area.
15 day weather forecast for blanes here
Cheers guys,

Mark, i quite like the idea of a quiet break, doesn't bother me, i'm only looking for the sun as i'm fair scunnered with the Scottish weather at the mo!! Are there any good walks in the area, mate? I've seen the same picture so many times with the view taken from well up on a hillside, and it looks good :)
Jim, are you in Lloret the same week i'm looking at? I'll pop down on the bus for a pint! :D I've been to Estartit in September, and like yourself i absolutely loved that time of year. Usually a bit more reliable than May for weather, with the exception of the nightly downpours we had!! (didn't care, i'd had my sunbathing for the day!!)
hi jim,
i'm in lloret from 25-30 sep.
if you do come down it would be silly not to have a pint.
i've also had my share of torrential downpours of a september night.
i usually deal with these by just staying in the pub until they shut, or the rain goes off. if its still raining at chucking out time i am usually beyond caring.
:rofl

jim
Yes, that's funny, i do recall a similar thing when they used to have the Scottish pub at Estartit. Went in for a quick drink but it rained cats and dogs, big thunderstorm, etc, so we just stayed for a while. Can't remember if it was raining when we left!! :D

By all account Lloret is a quick bus ride away, so who knows, i might just visit. Of course, i haven't booked anything yet, still hunting around!!
CiderMonster:You can walk to Malgrat along the beach, also you can walk up the hill to the castle or the botanical gardens...There are ample opportunities for general "ambling" up hill & down dale, or just strolling along the prom & town. If the tourist offices are open, you can get a free map with various walks laid out on it. I have been to Santa Susanna in the first week of October & had better weather than I've had in May or September. Of course the option to take the boat to other resorts is always available: Lloret & Tossa de Mar, Malgrat & Santa Susanna, you could have some very nice walks/strolls in Tossa...I think you would like Blanes once you get away from the Hotels & Camp site areas.
Thanks again, Mark

I've always enjoyed Estartit, but last year we did Calella DP and enjoyed the difference. Quieter, more laid back, picturesque, etc

So i think Blanes would suit me nicely. I like the idea of boats to other resorts, can you tell me more?
Boats leave from next to the harbour & S'Abanell beach (the main beach) It takes about an hour to Tossa. In May this year it was about 12 euros return to Tossa. You could also get off at Santa Cristina or Llloret. The boat also goes to Malgrat, Santa Susanna & Calella. The trips to these resorts don't seem so frequent though. Have a look at www dofijetboats com for more info. :)
sorry guys, another question

There's a railway station on the outskirts of Blanes, yes? How easy is it to get to Barca?
very easy. I always get confused with the stops , as you have to get a bus from one station to another but there's not much waiting around for connection . The price of the ticket to Barcelona fron Blanes will include the bus tickets . Jim i need help in explaining what i mean , your so much better at it than i am . have done this journey many times
blanes is not a big place and i'm sure you will enjoy the walk to the station-might not find it too picturesque though.
the train is direct to barcelona from blanes. suggest you get off at placa catalunya, which is right in the centre.
have a look here for more info on barcelona.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.