Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos is my favourite island, in june i would expect temps around the mid 30's [returned from zakynthos 2 weeks ago and it was 25/28,i do not recommend the use of buggies or quads on grounds of safety [seen 4 people killed {2 on kos} driving buggies which rolled under other vehicles]

kos is not on my list this year, but will be off to Cefalonia later in the year, i have no reservations on booking holidays in Greece at the moment as if the euro goes base over the pound will be king

yasus wizard
Thanks for the reply Wizard!

It sounds amazing, although I am slightly worried at the mid thirties figure! I am not very good with intense heat, and last year in Turkey I came up with major prickly heat!

I have been taking anti histamines for the past week as this is what the doctor advised, and have been taking Tan Tablets from Hollland & Barrett. I just need to get some inexpensive sun cream now.

Id be interested to see whether anyone on here has been to this resort?

Matt
Make sure if you are getting the cheaper sun creams that you check that they protect against UVA and UVB this will help with prickly heat as well. Piz buin also has an allergy cream which is brilliant for prickly heat but not cheap, boots has it on offer at the moment it's either half price or buy one get one free, may be worth investing in this if you have sun allergy and it's going to be that hot! :cheers
THE MAIN CAUSE OF PRICKLY HEAT IS NOT THE TEMPRATURE

but the cloths you ware ,

don't ware nylon/draylon/teraleen/polyester spandex or any other man made fabric, the best fabrics are pure cotton and pure linen as these will breath with you, don't use scented deodorants, try and keep in the shade during the hottest part of the day [this i learnt the hard way]

yasus
wizard
Thanks Again Wizard!

I think I will have to leave my spandex at home them :rofl

I have bought some linen trousers and shorts, aswell as anti histamines/allergy sun cream and tan tablets this will do the trick!

Matt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.