Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
bodrum airport
17 Posts
Hi
Yes it is exactly the same procedure as Dalaman
Airport is smaller , a bit "grubbier" than the new terminal at Dalaman
There is duty free on arrival and small duty free shops (like the old terminal at Dalaman) in departures. Not much seating if you are delayed. Prices in the cafes are just as bad as at Dalaman, had no problems taking sarnies and water through last year
HTH
Lally
hi all

we are going to gumbet in a few weeks....is bodrum airport the same as dalaman?

do we need to stuff our faces before we get there or take a bank loan out to get something there?

angie xx
Slightly less expensive, But still expensive, And remember you can take food and Liquids through security etc etc, Have a nice time.
I wouldn't advise buying any food or drink at Bodrum airport it is ridiculously expensive :yikes
I didn't buy anything but had a look at prices and it was as expensive as Dalaman. Take your own !!
Lally
There is a cafe that is attached to the left hand side of the airport that is half the price of inside that the bus drivers and reps use. You can check your luggage threw and go back out side no problem.
Just back from Bodrum and the airside area is far too small for the number of flights that go out. Not too impressed with the refreshment facilities either, not a lot of choice and as usual overpriced. Prefer Dalaman as an airport even with its high prices.
hi all

thanks for all your replies...

bloody ell beegee... i thought dalaman was a dive so im dreading to see bodrum then.....lol

angie xx
It's not so bad, just very expensive!
Hi
I just came back from Bodrum airport and I am astounded at the prices they were going to charge for a can of coke which was 10.00 lira also the lack of security as i forgot that i had a half used can of deodrant in my backpack and a couple with 6 children had a 4 carrier bags full of 2 litre bottles of juice a mixture of coke sprite etc etc and we all got through with everything as I am a security officer I had to say about the security and they told me in not so nice a way it was none of my business so I just left it . I just couldn`t believe the price they were asking.
Sheena
Just a word of warning so you dont get ripped off.....I travelled back from Bodrum yesterday afternoon and once through security etc we decided to get a couple of cans of pop. I went to the cafe counter with 2 cans of fizzy pop and was asked to pay 20 LIRA....the equivalent being £10, i asked if that was the correct price and was assured that it was 10 LIRA (£5) for a can of pop.....what a total rip off! Also, in the duty free shop, one girl told me the allowance for ciggies back into the UK was 400 per person and a guy in a different part of the shop told me the allowance was 1000 per person, its actually 200 per person so beware as they dont care about the consequences once you enter the UK should your fags be conviscated.

Rachael xx
Just where does anyone get off charging a fiver for a can of pop?!?!?!.... I thought UK airports were bad but that's just taking the mickey!!. Better to take stuff with you and enjoy a picnic in the airport!
Cally. ~x~
We flew back from Bodrum a few weeks ago and there didnt seem to be any restrictions on
bringing your own drink through . save yourselves the money and buy it before you leave for the airport. ;)
We always take our own drinks in, there is no way we are paying those rip off prices - it's outrageous.
My daughter carried through a bottle of water and wasnt stopped so there doesnt seem to be any restrictions on taking fluids through security so i agree that if you are flying from bodrum then purchase drinks before you check in.
not just bodrum im afraid - last year a cup of coffee and a coke nearly a tenner at dalaman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.