Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Bomb in Antalya
36 Posts
getting very worried, why do they always have to pick on tourists B------- by the news they are now thinking of cancelling flights. my daughter and grandchildren will have now just landed in marmaris. anyone know email address of bluebay in marmaris.
on bbc now and 2 deaths and 6 injured. it happened in Doner kebab shops where lots tourists going to eat there.
Sky news now saying possibly 20 injured
Here you go jagger

bluebays@superonline.com

and this is the web site for the hotel

http://www.bluebayshotel.com/bluebays.htm

Hope they are ok. We go to Marmaris on Thursday I am very worried.I would cancel if my husband would let.
I have just said to him one more bomb and thats it we CANCEL.
A Big Thankyou Boro Red.
XXXXXXX
Oh this is really awful, poor people! :shock: :(
Hi Jagger, If it is of any help to you, if you go on the Hotel Review, you will find a phone number there for Blue Bay, which may be quicker than e-mail and hopefully allay any fears you may have. Hope all is well for you and yours.

Boro Red, take note of what Scottishmum has said in another post in that hopefully, lightening doesn't strike twice. Don't be put off by what has happened, GO and enjoy your holiday but naturally, just be extra vigilant in your immediate surroundings. We go out in just over two weeks, yes, it has un-nerved us. Already, things are returning to normal, take comfort from what Chelsea Boy is saying but most of all, BE STRONG.
3 deaths in Antalya and new blast in marmaris near State Hospital :shock:
BBC News24 has just announced 2 dead and dozens injured in Antalya, this was a breaking news item.
Cheekymonkey is this another bomb or controlled explosion? You stated earlier 6 deaths in Marmaris and that you'd read it in the daily mirror and the government were covering up. Our news says no deaths in Marmaris so can't imagine it's a cover up. Your Government were very forthcoming over bird flu. Chelseaboy seems to be in the same area and you are both reporting things very differently. I think you will scare people into cancelling and surely you need all the tourism you can get?
This incident in Antalya is a seperate incident, and according to Sky it is another bomb. They have also said that 1 tour operator has offered 100% refunds if you want to cancel your holiday.
al321 i m posting when headlines came over on turkish news.
According to lilcheekymonkey, there has been yet another bombing in Marmaris, near the state hospital.

I just read this on the First Choice website.

Customers travelling to Marmaris or Icmeler on 28 August on an inclusive package can amend their holiday to an alternative date or destination or may cancel free of charge, less their insurance premium.

Information for customers travelling after this date will be available on 29 August

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/latestnews5.html
i just called my friend who lives around there and she s english. She said that was right.
We are due to fly out to Antalya in 5 weeks. called First choice and they are not changing any holidays apart from any that depart today or tomorrow.

How safe do you think it is?
Alison
Its going to just as safe as going anywhere else in the world, no matter where you go you are at risk. Personally I would say you are at no more risk than walking through the streets of London, could happen any where and at any time, go ahead and have your holiday, if you are that bothered then I am sure you could sort out a great holiday with the majority being in or close to your hotel.
Hi,off to p/p in serigerme in 3 wks picked tickets today ,this is getting very worrying still going to go i think do you think it is safe?
Sweetiepie,

I just put this in another post. God, these posts are all getting confusing!

Louis,

I said this in another post but I'll repeat it for you.

I was quite alarmed when out in Sarigerme in May when I saw that the area is patrolled by heavily armed soldiers. It was explained to me then that this is to protect tourists. This area is under the control of the Jandarma whereas the area of Marmaris is under the control of the "Polis". I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyway, to get to the point I'm trying to make. I'm going back to PP end of September and I feel a little less worried about going because I know the area is controlled by soldiers and feel it is less attractive to terrorists because of this. The PP is quite out the way of the town and even the beaches have security on them to stop anyone getting in that way.

I hope this makes you feel a little more at ease.

Catherine
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.