Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Although not Goa many Goa holidaymakers obviously travel through Mumbai to get to Goa. The latest news is here.It would appear that there were 7 bombs and so far, 135 people killed.
I am trying to contact my work colleague who went to Mumbai to visit her family and is going on to Goa. I hope she is in Goa now.
Hi Fiona

Thinking of you - please let us know when you hear from your friend

Jo
thanks. I have heard- she is ok! of course I knew the odds of her being involved were miniscule but it doesn't stop you worrying!
Thats good news Fiona. Still awful for all those poor souls in Mumbai. Brings back bad memories of 7/7
It certainly does- and New york and Madrid and Bali.... stay at home or go away, is one more dangerous than the other? Sorry, it got me thinking.
And all those poor people for whom holidays is the least of their worries.
I would choose going away every single time. Never give in to those :swear
Ooops sorry I will get down off my soap box now.
Glad to hear they are OK Fiona....im a little worried though....we are flying to Mumbai in 8 days time..... :shrug
As i said in my previous post Noggin :x Anyway dont worry everything will be fine. Have a fantastic time and come back and tell us about the monsoons. Wish it was me going. Enjoy :wave
It is a worry noggin. At the moment no-one knows who is responsible. I would like to think that now they have targetted Mumbai it is safe for the forseeable future but who can tell? Go with what YOU think.
Right,I'm not going to depress anyone more tonight! Sorry!
You can be happy Fiona :D cos youre off on yours hols this Friday. Lots of this :sun for 2 weeks Lucky you!!
It's terrible to hear of yet another terrorist attack. I live in N. Ireland and lived through the worst of the troubles there. My heart goes out to all those who have been caught up in this recent event in Mumbai.
:cry: I have just heard this awfull news, my thoughts are with these poor people and their families.
crystal xx
It's a terrible thing to happen, India is such a calming place, and this is likely to have an unfortunate knock on effect to that..
hi there really sad to hear what has happened in mumbai :shock: we were in new york on 9/11 and the after effects are heartbreaking to see hope they get the :swear
got to admit ive always wondered why goa hasnt been targetted before
got to admit ive always wondered why goa hasnt been targetted before
I hope nobody alters any holiday plans because then the nutters win. These people are crazy and nowhere these days can be thought of as truly safe but if we start changing the way we live because of their mindless, evil activity then we send the wrong message.

It has to be business as usual but my heart truly aches for those poor families caught up in it. Nobody deserves that pain except the people who inflict it.

:evil:
I am concerned for those Kashmiri people that live in Goa, I truly hope that there is'nt some sort of "backlash" against them. I understand that a lot of the jewellers in Goa are actually from Kashmir.
You're right Barrie, most of the Jewellers are Kashmiri, fortunately the majority go back to Kashmir for the Monsoon season to prepare their wares for the Summer so I doubt many will still be in Goa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.