Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Its a great feeling when you book isn't it! Enjoy :cheers
You are not far from Rhodes Town so more than one visit would be possible? I would suggest at least one of your visits should be on a sunday and be there before midday. The Knights of St John parade through the town at about 12-30.

As you are not going to be there in June (and hence won't make RhodesRocks09 ) I wouldn't think it mattered when you visit Lindos - however I would suggest being in Lindos long enough to have an evening meal in one of the rooftop restaurants overlooking the town.

Whilst you are heading towards Lindos turn into Archangelos and head down the road to Stegna. At the bottom of the road on the left is the Aroma and Nick's Kleftiko is to die for!!

In Faliraki, there is a restaurant right on the beach, across the road from the KFC (I can't for the life of me remember it's name but my OH thinks it begins with a "D")

I'm afraid I have no experience of Afandou so cannot give you any details. As you are there for 10 days you will see at least one Greek night at the Georgia (whenever that is).

I can honestly say, however, that I have never yet had a bad meal anywhere on Rhodes. Although I travel to other Mediterranean destinations there is something that makes sure that I visit Rhodes at least once a year.

So I'll echo Sarah's comment - enjoy :sun2 :cheers
Afandou looks lovely and is certainly on my must visit list when we go to Rhodes (lindos) for the first time in 5 weeks (I am so excited!!).

Hope you have a lovely time when you go in August, it should be lovely and warm for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.