Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Congratulations shepj7 :cheers

I hope you have a lovely time.

Just a quick question I have seen a few people mention on different websites that once you get to Egypt at the airport you have to get a visa. How does that work and why do you need one? sorry to sound daft never heard of it before in Egypt that all.

Getting the visa is a very simple process, just go to one of the small banks within the airport just as you arrive in the terminal and hand over your passport along with roughly £15 (it seems to vary slightly) per passport and the bank will place a sticker in the passport this is your entry visa.

If you are only going to be staying in the Sharm area (or more specifically the Sinai which is from Sharm right up to Taba) you don't require the visa and all you do is write Sinai only on the landing card that you will be provided with on the plane and go straight to passport control ignoring the visa booths. However if you intend to go out of this area for example Cairo you will require a visa.

There is a lot of (sometimes confusing) information regarding visa's in this thread
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189

Have a great honeymoon
Graham
Have a great honeymoon. You do know it will be very hot, hot, hot :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.