France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
We used this option with IBIS in the Summer with 3 overnight stops. The price is really good but you have to be absolutly sure about the nights as they have no cancellation ot alteration option. Having said that I made a mistake on the date of the 3rd hotel in Dunkirk and didn't realise until 2 seconds after I clicked 'pay'! They couldn't help me on the customer services line but rang the hotel direct and the receptionist changed it on her computer with no charge!

Just one strange thing though, we booked breakfasts at all the stops but they only took for the bed when we booked and we had to pay seperatly on check out for breakfast.
You might also consider ETAP hotels which are basic but ensuite and sleep up to 3.
I was also going to suggest these Dan, because we use them regularly. The only problem can be the fact that the rooms are not ensuite, and if you have young children it can be a hassle to go to loo and then get back in with the correct number code! But yes, I'd certainly recommend them too ... but bring a decent towel, soap and a removable bath plug for peace of mind!!
I spoke with the Ibis call centre (took me ages to find the number, why don't they just have it in plain view).

I queried the Happy 20 rate and the advisor said what I needed was the flex + option which lets me cancel up to 7pm the night before. I pay at the hotel and not in advance but the cost plus breakfast is approx 160.00 EUR as opposed to 121 eur. I have booked them and at least I have piece of mind knowing they are booked and that I can opt to cancel, especially if we do what we did last time and make the return journey in one go.

Alternatively I can always opt to book the happy 20 rate the closer I get to the holiday for the cheaper option or indeed if I come across a better alternative.

I think we are going to book the Norfolkline and that docks at Dunkerque, we are then thinking of making our overnight stop at Le Mans before onward travel to Sanguinet (Archaron) does that sound about right. We will have travelled 2.5 hours on the uk side.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.