Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have never seen that in the 14 times I have been to Turkey, Unless others know better, You might just have to pack a case with the water yourself, You should be able to pack 16 liters in one case im sure that will do you, That might be good actually think of all the goodies you can pack in the case for coming home :D
o dear im on my weight allowence now with all the baby stuff we need ,without taking water too xxx jan
Is there some reason that it must be evian ,is it doctors orders or just that somebody has recommended it ,my daughter has always used the bottled water purchased in the supermarkets or supplied by the hotels for my grandson and never had any problems.

Bluepeterno1
it ia advised not to use any bottled water to make feeds as the sodium content is high ..out of all the water evian has the lowest and so is the safest ,xxx jan
i didnt notice evian, but i did see Nestle WATER QUITE A BIT, oops caps on...
Hi, My daughter used Nestles water in Turkey for her 4 month old and she was fine, she looked on the bottles and this was the lowest sodium we could find.
thanks for that il look out for nestles then ,xxx jan
ooo thanks, i'll look for the nestles stuff too.

jan have you been posting about the same thing on babycentre? lol!!

love nikki xx
not me nikki lol maybe its peggy xxx jan
H2O = H20, it's all the same stuff regardless who bottles it! Mineral content maybe slightly different but there's not much difference chemically!

Darren
youd be suprised dazbo,sodium levels are quite high in some makes and can be dangerous for babies. just read the posts on baby centre uk . also all tinned baby foods and packets tell you not to use mineral water xxx jan
May I ask how our parents managed to rear us all before all of this knowledge of sodium levels/fat contents etc became available??? :lol:
Hi Bryn,

You're around 50 - and 50 years ago people were aware of fat levels, sodium levels etc.

Too much salt is extremely dangerous for babies; they can dehydrate and even die! So it is imperative to find the right water to make up the formula. Mothers in Turkey would be advised to do the same too.

Strawberry
Strawberry thanks for that youve just aged me :lol: And I might be 47 but going on 25 :lol:

when I was a kid everybody ate butter not low fat spreads and we had never heard of polyunsaturates etc and water came out of taps and not plastic bottles. In school if you had one kid with asthma it was rare now if you have one without asthma thats rare. Kids walked to school and played sport etc, we drank from the same fizzy pop bottle etc and none of us died.
lol jan... maybe it was peggy!!

what are we all like!

can't wait!

love nikki xx
you hit the nail on the head bryn ,, water came out of taps, our tap water is safe to use if boiled ,unfortunatly turkey tap water isnt .so thats why we need to use bottled water and where the dilema starts. i think when you are a grandparent you worry and see the dangers more, my daughter hasnt give it a second thought as she thinks mum knows best :lol: in fact im learning more now than i did when mine were young babies .unfortunatly we have caused these childhood diseases through living in a sterile modern world and yes theres more asthma and stuff but less deaths from measles, chicken pox and tb and such ,thats progress xxxx jan
Scientific research gone mad if you ask me! There are basic standards set out for bottled water with regards to chemical and biological content which I'll not go in to. We're not talking salinity levels of sea water here! Spring water has been used for millions of years and has never done anyone any harm as far as I'm aware. What ever next :roll:

Darren
Ladyjan

Ive lived here 5 years full time and be coming here for nearly twenty, allways drunk the tap water no problems. Only place I have ever had probs with what Ive eaten was Venuzeula that was Armadillo thermador!! well you have to try it dont you :lol:
Dazbo,

There's a difference between Spring Water and Mineral Water. Not all the bottled water in Turkey comes from springs.

Besides, some waters DO have a high sodium content; and even adults with high blood pressure are advised not to drink those. Salt is EXTREMELY dangerous for babies - and that's a fact. You can't pooh pooh everything, you know!

By the way, I know this is off topic, but are you a plane spotter?

Strawberry :D

P.S. Sorry I aged you Bryn! :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.