Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
hi Suzi
interesting report :D
you got me confused there for a minute. We have stayed at the Metropark but it was new and in Causeway Bay. I see what has happened. The Metropole is now the Kowloon Metropark.
What did you think about Stanley? We stopped off in Aberdeen on the way back(ordinary bus) and that was interesting.
How was the weather?
When we went a year past Easter there was a lot of work getting done on the Peak- I hope it was all worthwhile- will find out in January :D
Thanks for the great report Suzi. It's made me even more determined to get back to Hong Kong sooner rather than later :D I wish Oasis would start up a service from Manchester!

Elaine
Hi,
I quite enjoyed stanley, we had a really good look around the market, and walked down to the front ,and along by the 2 small beaches. It was very busy there, seemed to be alot of american tour groups about.
The weather was overall very good, no where near as humid as felt in Bangkok in april.
We had 1 full day of rain, pelted down all day, a couple of sun/cloud days,and about 4 full days of beautiful hot sun.
When i was at the peak last oct ,they were doing work,but its all finished now, and i don't honestly think its alot differant, you still go up to the same viewing level,although they have extended it a little, you just pay extra[only a small amount] now if you want to go up to the top.
Regards
Suzi
Hi,
It would be very nice if oasis started flying from Manchester, we normally fly from there[ i live in lincolnshire] ,but flying from gatwick,was ok, it only took us an hour more to get there,than when we get the train to man.
I'm sure that eventually oasis will fly from man,they seem to be adding new routes, and the flights were full both ways,so the price is obviously temping people.
We have been both in July and in April. They were humid, with July being the type of humidity when you got soaked to the skin if you were doing anything more than strolling. April wasn't so bad. We have a day and a bit in January so it will be interesting to compare.
Hopefully we will get up the Peak again, if the weather behaves :D
Suzi
your hotels have been added to our review page. Do you think you could give them their first reviews for us please? Even just rating them will help other members :D
Sounds like you had fun. I really enjoyed HK and will go back again at some point.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.