Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
CourtneeLouise,

If you ask 10 people, you'll get 10 different answers! Both offer pretty much the same service in economy so it's down to personal preference and any past experience. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I thought you were loooking at Continental because of the in-seat power ports? Assuming the same price and no preference on flight time, I'd go with BA personally but wouldn't bother if I had to go with CO either.

Darren
Despite perhaps not offering the same type of service as was in the past BA for sure over Continental (which are really United Airlines now) for me......but that is really because I want a beer without having to pay additional ten dollars or something and having to endure could not care less US Cabin crew!.... :cheers

Nivsy
I've only flown with Continental once and it was a poor flight so it's probably not a fair comparison as I've used BA many times but would say go for BA, their standards have fallen over the years but I usually find the staff far more professional than those on American carriers and I think your daughter would feel more comfortable flying with them.
I think you should go with British Airways, as the are less 'budget'. But the delay ratings at Houstn are quite high, if you don't want your daughter stuck in Texas, fly Continental as the chances of them getting an aircraft are better than BA, as they have a hub there.

:tup
I flew LHR to Houston a few years ago with continental (United) one of the best flights we ever had. Crew were friendly and couldnt do more to help us. One of our party's IFE wasnt working so they gave us all free drinks throughout the flight as the plane was full he couldnt be moved. We flew in the 777 which was a really nice aircraft. We found the leg room adequate although everyone would love more!!

as for price when I was booking I found them the cheapest. paid £347 return per person! Could not beat that with a big stick!

I have also flown from BFS the EWR with them and it was also a good flight, crew were very nice as well, was a bit crampt on the 757 tho.

Have not flown BA so cannot give any advice other than the price which was considerably more expensive than CO.

Allymc316
Thanks for all your replies guys! still debating on this. Seems like the majority of people prefer BA to Continental.

Dazbo - I'm still wondering about both airlines, whether to go with Continental and not be guaranteed a power outlet for her laptop or go with BA without a power outlet and get better service.

:que Guess it will depend on spaces on the plane left at the time we book.

Thanks so much all, really appreciate your replies :tup

CourtneeLouise xx
Having flown with both, several times I personally would go with BA. The onboard service on Continental is very good perhaps a lot better, they will offer more drinks willingly from the trolley, but the food is slightly better on BA.
The IFE is on demand on most of BA's aircraft so that experience will be better. But the main reason for BA is the EU rules they have to follow in the event of a delay/cancellation is a lot stronger if she is travelling alone, she will be looked after a lot better in the event of any problem than with CO.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.