Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hurray, its summer in the UK. All those thoughts we have only during winter when we can laze on a Creten beach are deleted from our minds because here at last is summer, its nothing but halcyon warm days from now on, uninterupted cricket, sitting in a country pub beer garden, wearing shorts all day of every weekend, sitting in the garden at home drinking Pimms before dinner, a swift drive to the coast for a dip in our beautiful sea and temperatures of 24 degrees plus every day are here at last ......................... Huh, wassup, sorry I was dreaming! Er, see you in Crete.

Thanks for the reminder Wizard! "British Summertime" indeed, more like its time to adjust the clocks for 6 months of bad weather.

Bob
You become rather cynical living and working in Crete if you are an Englishman and "Summer" starts in the UK. Sorry, I shouldn't gloat but why anyone puts up with that weather is quite beyond me. I have been in Crete for 14 months and wild horses wouldn't drag me back to grey skies and cold weather! I know that in Crete, when it rains it rains hard, but at least it gets it over and done with then the sun comes out again. Britishh people wouldn't be so miserable if they got some sunshine! I suppose I sound like a smug bugger here but I work on a farm near Heraklion and it gives one such a wonderfully clear outlook!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.