Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
BROCHURE PRICES
25 Posts
Too much hassle if you ask me...finding accomodation, booking it, finding flights, booking them, organising transfers and booking them....and what do you actually save?

Well on the last 2 holidays we have had we have saved £1000 both times by booking diy.

I don't find it a hassle to look through a few websites sat at my computer in my pajamas drinking a cup of tea - you cant exactly do that at the local travel agents! :lol:
There is often savings to be made doing a self tailored none package trips and that has to be offset against the risk highlighted by the other posters.

Obviouisly the biggist savings are on accommodation when you using a softer local currancy to calculate costs.

The tour operaturs use this as well to forward book rooms in local base currency or dollar offset to negotiate block bookings at a very favourable rate comparied to standard rack rate.

The further away from departure you book ie the less time decay risk the more apparant a cost advantage becomes between self tailored verses package. However as time decay risk increases the gap narrows and then inverts to favour the package option as the operator has a very large percentage advantage to work with compaired to someone dealing with prices at or slightly below rack.

Again there a other vairables based on geographic regions on harder/softer base currency and if the tour package operator has a currency heading programme in place.

The basic rule is the later you leave it ie sub 28 day time decay window , packages are gernerally cheaper.
Again there a other vairables based on geographic regions on harder/softer base currency and if the tour package operator has a currency heading programme in place.

:hmmm EXACTLY :shrug

I knew that, whatever it means :lol:
:D :D

Oh the joys of being involved in cost analysis :oops:

:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.