Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
If anyone has stayed at these apartments please post a review HERE :cheers
this will be our first time going to costa caleta and staying at the broncemar beach on the 3rd sep for 2 weeks, just wanting some info on what the apts and pool area are like as we have heard many different reports :que, and is there enough going on for our 2yr old?

how far from apts is it to the beach and resort centre and are they easy accessible to get with a buggy as we dont drive.

any info would be greatly appreciated
:cheers roll on september!!!

thanks
Can't comment on the apts, as never stayed there. They do look ok from the road outside though. I think the complex has a good reputation.

You will be very close to the centre of the resort, with plenty of bars/shops/restaurants within a two minute walk.

The beach is a five minutes away.

Two weeks tomorrow until we go. We love Caleta.
is it really as windy as people say? were expecting gale force!!

weve also heard it gets cold on a night time in sep, what do we need to take clothes wise for the nite?
Welcome to the forum Vic n Gaz! :wave:

I've merged your thread with an existing one which should give you some useful info ;)

Pippy :)
It's an urban myth that Fuerteventura is really really windy.
Yes, there is a permanent breeze, and it does get worse at some times of the year.
But, the breeze is a pleasant one and is welcome. Remember, you are 2000 miles closer to the equator. You are a few miles from the coast of west Africa and the Sahara.
Believe me, under the baking hot sun, the breeze is a godsend.
Looking to stay here in october..

Anybody tell me what its like :)?

Stayed at the Barcelo Hotel earlier this year, not looking for the same standard as that hotel, just looking for a cheap break at Broncemar Beach.
its not a bad hotel as long as you dont mind their being no airconditioning, we went in october last year and it was still hot, couple of overcast days, take a fan with you if the heat bothers you at night. A word of warning agout the pillows, they are like laying your head on a sack of pingpong balls, if your lucky they might have new ones by now! the only other moan I have is the sunbeds, I lot of them were broken, but their was plenty of them. we went out most nights but the hotel had entertainment on most nights. Look on the hotel reviews for a better idea. If your not expecting much then you will be pleasantly suprised.
Just booked for next Easter school holidays! :-D Taking daughter and her best friend (both will be 16). Got a free child place for one of them, and paid in total just over £1100 for two weeks self-catering in school holidays. Could have gone cheaper at other accommodation but I wanted the day and evening entertainment to keep us busy. Went to Caleta at Easter 2007, and everytime we passed the Broncemar, it sounded really lively and fun and I promised myself if I ever went back to Caleta then the Broncemar would be my first choice. Looking forward to it already!
Anyway, does anyone know what sort of self-catering equipment is supplied in the apartments? Planning on doing a "big shop" at the Atlantico Spar and filling the cupboards/fridge with loads of pop, snacks etc and bread and stuff to make sandwiches and toasties. I know there is no oven in the apartments, just a hob. Is there a microwave? Is washing-up-liquid, clothes-line, pegs, kettle etc supplied? I might take a cheap sandwich toaster so the girls can make toasties for late breakfast while I'm out sunbathing. Been following the self-catering thread in the General forum.Any advice on this accommodation will be gratefully received!
Based on 182 reviews on the tripadvisor.com website, this hotel comes 3rd out of 22 in Caleta de Fuste so I should think it must be pretty decent. There are also lots of photos on there so might be worth checking out for anyone considering staying there.
anyone know if the broncemar have a website address, if so can you please let me know the address.

thanks!
Try these http://www.broncemar-beach.com e.mail recepcion@broncemar-beach.com telephone 0034 928163933 . Lynne
Cyberspacekadette,

How were the apartments during your holiday? Would you be kind enough to post a review on them as My family and I are due to arrive there on July 1st. Would appreciate upto date info on pool area, sunbeds, entertainment, prices etc.

cheers

:tup :sun2
Hi Erinsdad :-D Not had time to write a full review yet. The apartments were lovely, clean and safe. There is no way into the complex other than through reception, (which has security guards at night) and rooms are secure with a computer-controlled key card to open the door. Our room (159) was at the end of the "bridge" walkway and we had a private rooftop terrace with sunbeds.
Although I had been looking forward to staying there for the entertainment, atmosphere etc, we ended up going out most of the time. The girls (both aged 16) didn't want to hang around the pool all day with the little kids, so they went off to the beach and, for the same reason, they didn't want to stick around for the mini-disco at night :roll: so we went out around the town every evening - we were self-catering, so we were going out to eat anyway. However, the families I spoke to with younger children seemed to be having a fantastic time at the Broncemar, and when we were going home, about half the hotel came to wave our coach off, so there must have been something good going on there!
The pool was cold, the sunbeds were comfy and there was plenty of them while we were there, but I don't think there would be enough sunbeds during the busy summer season. Can't comment on prices at the Broncemar because we didn't spend any money there (apart from poolside barbeque 6€ with free sangria, on our first day.) The on-site supermarket is quite expensive for some things, Netto is cheaper, and the Eurospar at the Atlantico centre is cheaper still.
During the first week of our holiday the apartments and the whole town were very quiet. We tried the Irish bar at the Broncemar on our first night but there were only about four people in... this proved to be a common theme all around the town until our second week when everywhere started to get a little busier. I felt quite sorry for the bar owners and staff around the town, sometimes it seemed as though some of the bars were opening for nothing some nights, however I'm sure things will pick up as it gets into the summer season. Prices in the local bars and restaurants were pretty much what you would spend at home with the exchange rate being so low, but you're on holiday, stuff costs what it costs and you might as well just enjoy it :wink: If you're going to eat out, look out for the PRs outside the restaurants offering 10%-20% discount, and if you're going out for a drink, find out when the happy hours are in different bars and work your way around. Happy hour in Piero's is 7:30-8:30 and during this time all drinks are half-price - you can get a litre jug of sangria for 4€ :wink:
Most nights we stayed around Piero's for the show and then went off to the Flower of Scotland later on.

Mods - I'll do a proper review when I've had a decent sleep and finished my ironing!
:bow :bow

Thanks for the review Cyberspacekadette, you have got the excitement starting to build (10 weeks tomorrow). My two are 6 and 4 so we will probably be more based around the apartments and you have definately re-assured me with the apts being " lovely, clean and safe" my daughter loves a wander and we have to keep an eye on her wherever we go.

look forward to reading your full review

Thanks again Erinsdad!!
Erinsdad wrote:
My two are 6 and 4 so we will probably be more based around the apartments
I spoke to some families with kids around that age. It turned out their kids were having so much fun with the reps there, the parents never managed to get out of the Broncemar for the whole holiday! There is a full entertainment program which starts with games and quizzes around the pool in the day, and then the inevitable mini-disco and show at night. Like I said, everyone seemed to be having a great time and the people on our airport coach going home had a huge crowd waving them off!
It might be worth your while emailing management to ask for a room near the pool, the Broncemar complex is quite large and I wouldn't have wanted to be stuck at the far end away from the action - we could hear the entertainment from our apartment but it wasn't intrusive. Oh, and one more thing, if you're flying back home on a Saturday evening, just be warned - Thomas Cook has around 7-8 flights all leaving the island within the space of one hour, and only four check-in desks open for all of these flights :shock: The queue at the airport was horrendous!
we are staying here for 4 days and got a cheap deal going all inclusive anyone just returned and tell me what the food is like and will it be sun bathing weather and are the pools warm and the sea. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment anyone tell me how spacious they are .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.