EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi,
For insurances, you can either use your estate agent to do this for you, or if you have a Turkish bank a/c they will also arrange insurances and don't forget earthquake insurance which is compulsory there.
We paid around £130 + for buliding and contents on a £40k place and £25 for earthquake ins.
Hope this helps you.
Penny
hi all

Has anyone got info about how much insurance would be for a bed apartment in altinkum. Also the name of a good insurance company.
Also does anybody rent their apartment out and if so is it a good idea or more trouble than it's worth?
Also can anyone recommend a good bank in turkey or is it better to bank from home.
How does anyone pay water and electricity charges.

Any help would be appreiated

Mary S
Mary try Yapi Kredi bank as they do insurance and are fairly good-my opinion- also do health insurnace if you live here full time. Either open a sterling account or TL but dont keep too much in TL as its not as stable.

Renting out sometimes need a lot of marketing etc if you are just doing for family/friends you will propably have more peace of mind.

Water electricity etc I am suprised that your agent doesent do an aftersales which covers this( we do for our clients) but options are 1. if you are on a complex then you should have a Kapici who can do this just leave him enough money to pay the bills and no more- then we pay 1 million (40P) as a tip every month for ours to do this. 2. find someone who is there most of the time and get them to pay for you, ie someone you can trust.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.