Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Building works?
8 Posts
We have been to Cyprus since 2004 and I think there has always been building work going on. We went one year and they were building an entire new estate under our balcony... never noticed any noise.. never had any problems... sat out in the mornings with breakfast watching the goings on... went back to the same hotel the year after hoping to see them finishing them off !....
We've just been in April which is out of season when more building work is carried out and there was plenty going on (in Pernera on the East coast) and again not one bit of it disturbed us... you don't hear banging and crashing all day like back home... don't ask me why as I can only guess they use rubber hammers and sound proof machines?... lol

don't let it worry you !

Steve
We returned from the Atlantica Bay hotel on Sunday last . If you have a sea view room you should not have a problem. We had an inland view room and the building work does indeed start just after 7am, and it is not just the noise but the dust which blows onto your balcony. It took us 4 days to get moved away from the building site side of the hotel, and thankfully the noise was not so bad. There is another building site between the hotel and the sea but there is more noise from the passing traffic than that site. We were at the pool most days and noise was not a problem. We also used the beach bar next to the building site and it was fine. Thomsons did not inform us of any building work, and it has not started just recently, so they are well aware of the situation. Several people were moved from inland rooms during our time there. My advice would be to upgrade to a sea view if you have not already done so, or speak to Thomsons about the situation. We had a great holiday despite this , many of the guests are repeat visitors.
spoke to thomson today they said they are not aware of any builing work going on :really I am just a bit worried as my fella is asthmatic so dust will not be good for him, they are going to ring back tomorrow to see if we can have a room away from the building work, fingers crossed, update later chris x
I don`t want to sound alarmist. The building work has been going on for a considerable time, Thomsons are having a laugh. I work in construction and can assure you that this work will continue for some time. As regards the dust you should be fine with the balcony door closed your air-con will shut off if you open both sides anyway. Our first room balcony was covered in dust , depends on wind direction, our second room balcony was clean. Noise may well be the biggest problem , starting from just after 7 am six days a week. The hotel main entrance faces inland , the reps certainly know about the building work. If your lucky it may be the trades holiday. The building site is in the adjoining property and although we took pictures I wouldn`t have a clue how to post them. From our friends balcony, room 230 I think, you have the view of the shell of a newly constructed building .
had a call from Thomson yesterday who confirmed there is building work going on next to the hotel, they have promised we will be allocated a room away from it, hope so wont know till we're there . chris
That`s good news Chris. Wonder if Thomson will inform their other guests. Hope all goes well, it really is a pretty decent hotel.
think they should do but you never know just hope they keep to their promise :) cant wait to go, three weeks on sunday :sun2, will do a review when we get back. Thanks
chris x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.