Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Donny
Id go for Sunny Beach every time. Its much bigger than Golden Sands, I've not stayed in GS but have visited for the day. GS is very hilly whereas SB in flat. More choice in SB for all ages.
You'll find more of the 18-30 crowd in Sunny Beach.

Golden Sands has the advantage of being close to Varna with the real Bulgarian nightlife.

Patka
Hi
I just got back from Sunny Beach and its brilliant. Plenty of things to do and you will never get bored. Prices are very competitive everywhere you go and some places even give you free drinks if you go into their bars etc

Not far from Bourgas Airport. Recommend Sunny Beach
Donny 7170 - Have been going to Bulgaria since 1990s, many times to Golden Sands and a couple of times to Sunny Beach.

We much prefer Golden Sands (but we are in our 60's). If you are in your 20s then Sunny Beach would be the best resort for you. Very lively and loads of bars and restaurants. We did notice changes on our last visit, for example saw quite a few 18-30 bar crawls whilst we were there and definately a much younger crowd. To me it seems that youngsters are having holidays there now because of the cheapness of food and drink. Its really good value for money and cheaper than other popular tourist destinations.

I must add we never saw any signs of rowdieness or trouble or anything that made us feel intimidated - just youngsters having a good time!
quite agree much prefer golden sands it is hilly , weve been going for years and never had any trouble, just dont fancy sunny beach my daughters boyfriend went there and hated it it seemed to be full of 18-30s and hes only 26
sunny beach every time we have been 4 times and have booked again for july 09 my friend went to golden sands and hated it i sunny beach is for all ages old and young there are quiet places and noisy places there is something for everyone definatly book sunny beach and go and have a brill holiday we always do x x
Have to agree it's SB for me everytime. Have visited both resorts and there is a much larger selection of everything from clubs, bars and restaurants.

:sun2 Toonman
Sunny Beach is awesome I dont think you can beat it for a good holiday!!!!!
Hi

Have to agree with the majority although Sunny Beach has become infested with the 18/30 crew there are plenty of choices of bars and restraunts to try plus you are close to Nessebar or Ravda to be able to avoid them. :tup :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.