UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
We go at Easter with friends in the gold apartments so will let you know my findings. Have been to Skegness loads of times and theres loads to do and good entertainment. Accomodation tends to be a bit hit and miss but generally functional.
Thank you Pamplemousse, we will look forward to your information. :wave:
We went last Easter to Bognor Butlins and stayed in Deluxe (Courtacy of Tesco clubcard)

The only thing I would say is, If Titan is on the entertainment menu, make sure your small children are not right up the front in the Skyline pavillion.

he gets wheeled in on what looks like a golf buggy, has a loud mecanical voice and is very tall.

All is ok until he suddenly get up and loudly strides towards the kids (with loud striding audio thumps) :yikes

All the kids sitting on the stairs by the dance floor area scattered and there was a few tears.

It may be best if you watch, by sitting or standing a bit further back. :D
We will remember that. Thanks for the warning.
hello,

me and family are interested in going to butlins at bognor for a day visit, i am wheelchair dependant and am wondering if bognor is fully wheelchair acessable - minus the rides of course, but mainly resteraunts, the swimming pool, both enterances, toilets and changing rooms, arcades etc,
also does anyone know if they offer a disabled or carer discount for day passes? theres nothing on their website about it, ive emailed them but got nothing back

thanks for your help

cat
Yep she's right about titan - a little unpredictable. we went to butlins skegness at may spring bank and some kids fell over in the panic to move out of his way.
The entertainment is very good for kids though, my little one loves the skyline gang, the puppet shows and meeting his tv charecter friends.
Its a little tiring for us adults as you dash from one venue after seeing for example bob the builder to the zone to glue and make things before dashing on tto next place for puppets or storytime.
its so fun packed your time flies by.
I didn't think it was expensive either as most things are free especially the fun fair which was good. we stayed half board so didnt really need to eat a lot if at all and when we did it was a good price - especially the fresh hot pasties etc in the supermarket.
The only problem i found not just because i was a lone parent but because it was school holiday and busy the clubs were heaving on a night and you had no chance finding a seat let alone a table in reds or centre stage - most of the time i found myself on a step along with others.
My accomodation was a basic one bedroomed which i thought was very clean, tidy and well furnished.it hadh had a lick of paint and was maintained to an adequate standard - anyway after all said and done its only a place to sleep in after all.
we loved it and have booked to go back in oct half term. enjoy your break ( ps its half price with walkers brit trip promotion)
:cheers
Butlins takes wraps off £20m new hotel

A £20 million hotel is to be opened by Butlins at its Bognor Regis site in August.

Family rooms featuring a children's den and special beds will form part of the 200-room property.

Facilities include all-day check-in, restaurant and bar, spa facilities, and room service.

Prices for a four-berth room with South Downs views start at £480 for two adults and two children aged between two and 14 for three nights from August 21. Bookings open on February 2.

Butlins' expects its three resorts to handle 1.5 million holidaymakers this year, with numbers for the six week summer holiday period up 15%.

Managing director Richard Bates said: "The modern-era Butlins is a unique mix of quality accommodation and entertainment that guests love. And 97 per cent say we offer brilliant value for money".

"With the amount of choice on offer this is going to be the year to be here."

With permission from Travelmole
hello people

a little off topic but I'm after the name of a pub/restaurant in the town.

English menu (fish chips, steak etc). The great thing about this place apart from the food and service, was they had a massive kids play area with activity house sand pit, old boats etc

Last time I went was around 7 years ago.

Thanks
butlins is great for the kids, but i would check where you are as it can be very noisy in the early hours with teenagers. away from the main thoroughfare would be good. phone and ask to be in quieter place. also if half board unless you have paid extra no cooking facilities in apartment so we take crackers , bread crisps etc for lunch. everyone takes stuff from breakfast for lunch eg cheese, jam pots, butter squares, fruit from night before, rolls. take paper plates and a knife,so take a big holdall/bag for this. food id expensive to buy ay lunchtime so this saves a fortune. First day there check out kids drinks on sale and go to bognor supermarket and buy a load. put under pushchair. get to door early for shows as there will be a queue and swimming. Food is great for half board so dont worry about that, something for everyone. have a geat time. deb :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.