UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi NL32 ... while you wait for replies to those specific questions, you may like to take a look at our reviews page for Butlins Skegness ... please click here.

David :wave
Not been to Butliz for years

to expensive especially when the surrounding area has more to do cheaper and is less ___ was going to put tacky but can't think of a suitable adjective

Much prefer Ingoldmells and Skegness town to have fun around
We have booked to go to butlins at skeggie for bank holiday weekend , our friends, go every year and they swear by it, she is extremly fussy, so if it is good enough for her ,it will do for me, have a great trip, i no we will! :tup
vicjayhay wrote:
We have booked to go to butlins at skeggie for bank holiday weekend , our friends, go every year and they swear by it, she is extremly fussy, so if it is good enough for her ,it will do for me, have a great trip, i no we will! :tup

:D
Yes I'll have a very nice trip

Ta
thanks vichayjay - which weekend u goin - we might be there at same time.
have fun :cheers
sorry meant thanks vicjay :( hay
we are of on the 23 of may!, can't wait. p.s.whats madcaravanner on about anyway?, totally confused.
vicjayhay wrote:
we are of on the 23 of may!, can't wait. p.s.whats madcaravanner on about anyway?, totally confused.

DOH
Sorry guys Wrong thread got carried away :cry
We go 26th may for 5 days - can't wait. never been to a butlins before but stayed at many good haven sites (same company)
anyway its away from home and thats all that matters. hope this nice weather keeps up :sun2
You'll have a great time, we've been many a time. There's loads for the kids to do, free rides, clubs, playareas, etc. and the entertainments vast and varied. Try to see the panto, they're very well done and the wrestling's very popular with the boys, small and big!

The beach is right behind the site, you need your keys to obtain walking access back onto Butlins. The pools very good with lots of slides, etc and the Skegness site also has it's own adult spa if you fancy a bit of pampering.

Have fun :cheers
Just got back from butlins skegness. it was fantastic - never going to haven ever again.
non stop entertainment from the minute you get up to bedtime. my little one had a whale of a time especially the activity sessions making masks, bow ties and houses on the various themed days.
he loved the many charecters such as bob the builder, pingu, barnie etc. even angelina ballerina.
titan the robot was amazing and so entertaining as were all the various shows and acts.
the clubs at night were very busy and short of enough seating especially in reds and centre stage but worth watching.
there was so much to do and see we didn't leave the resort all week and didnt spend much either as we were half board and it isnt a rip of like most of the haven sites are.
the food was good and in ample supply in a buffet type set up where you can eat what you like and as much as you like.
the skyline gang were very good too and were only too willing to answer questions and do requests.
i also like the fact that we could take our own photos of our kids with charecters as many places prohibit this and make you but the over priced photos
the swimming pool wa senormous with many different areas to swim in from rapids to lagoons,slides to waves.
my little one attended one of the swimming lessons for only 4 pounds which he enjoyed and got a badge and certificate for his effort.
there wasnt a thing i can fault. so much so i have booked to go back in october half term. its a great place for family entertainment and excellant value for money.
:cheers
Hi NL32 ... glad to hear you were so impressed. Perhaps you would also like to update our Butlins Skegness reviews page when you have time (click here). I notice that it has attracted a couple of fairly negative reviews recently.

David :wave
We go regular to skegness our children are grown up now.but the grandchildren have been introduced to Butlins and love it.We go for newyear now and its a fantastic atmosphere.plenty of people still go lots of families. looking forward to this newyear.As last one i ended up at hospital with my niece who broke her foot she only went to wish happy newyear to someone and slipped.But still things do happen at times.
Came back yesterday (have posted review)

One big imrovement Butlins Skeggy has done is supply free antibacterial handrub machines all over the site, in the resturants, and near food outlets in the skyline. :D

As someone who has suffered before with a bug caught in a Butlins camp It was a welcome addition to see at last this problem is being tackled to help reduce the risk.

We stayed in a silver apartment half board...details again on review page under Harlowgirl.
Does anyone one of any caravans to hire in Butlins, Skegness that allow dogs.

Thanks
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to book here or if anyone knows of any offers going please for May or June? Many thanks
Sun holidays would be the cheapest
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.