EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
im in the process of either buying property in spain or bulgaria, i would recommend seeing or contacting John Howell and Co solicitors. Although quiet expensive, they will make sure you have EVERYTHING covered. He even recommended Bansco,so your on the right track. Thats all i can offer at the mo. Check the web address at http://www.europelaw.com.
cheers Adam

just got their info by email. Seem very expensive. I need to call them to discuss, as they seem to ask for £1000 up front anyway, so who knows how much you end up paying, but their info does say something like costs equate to 25% of purchase price if new build...that seems a rip off....
ye its true it is expensive, but id rather pay that extra then get swamped in legal affairs, IF something goes wrong. tough call i know, but good luck. if u find any other solicitor, could you let me know as theres so many options and procedures.
will do and likewise.

I'm looking at the lawyers on the My bulgaria website too (based in bulgaria so they should know a lot more), but I guess I'd need to go out there more. Anyway i've only paid a £500 reservation fee, and plan on going out in the next 3 -4 weeks to chekc out the site and area, so we are absolutely sure before we sign the contracts.
Hello chocdrop. I am also buying via bulgaria Revealed in Bansko- Beaujourland. Have found a solicitor from the Bulgara embassy website. Ialso looked into john Howell they gave us a quote for £1500 but when I read the small print found the 25% from purchase print so phoned them to clarify but the lady I spoke to was very vague and told me to phone back next week! We are off out to Banxko next week to hopefully meet developers but have found out today the agent dealing with us from BR no longer works for them- shame as he was very prompt with emails etc. Let us know how you are getting on with purchase.
Cheers Markiemark

We've gone with SMT Legal in the end who are based in Sofia. Seem to be ok so far. When are you off the Bankso and where are you staying? as me and my mate are heading out on the 8th April and apparently are meeting the developers on Saturday 9th
Myself & co-investor(pal) are out there April 7th-11th.Staying at devonshire Lodge. Meeting developer thurs. Which agent in UK have you been dealing with as we had Ayden but now someone called Matt. Very interested to see how far that elecricity sub station is from apartments!
snap mate. We are out the same weekend. Heading out on the 8th, and seeing the developers on the 9th b4 coming back on the 10th. We too are at Devonshire Lodge, so we'll see you then and perhaps catch a beer or 2 :-)

Just spoke to another couple who are also going out the same weekend to see beujourland, and staying at Devonshire Lodge...so should be a laugh....

where are you in the UK as we are in Essex

Umesh
hello umesh. ive just clicked you have been speaking to my mate jason, i didnt realise he was on this forum also! i live in rochford near southend. look forward to seeing you out there and hope it is a successful journey for us all.
Markiemark

It clicked here too. Jason told me last night. I'm from loughton and Rich is From Gants Hill. Southend has good memories as many moons ago there was always the saturday night trip to TOTS !!!

It would be good to catch up with on Friday night when we get there to see how the meeting went with the developers, as we meet them on the Saturday, so a 'heads up' would be good

Umesh
We are currently looking to buy an apartment in Bulgaria. Has any one had any dealings with Homes4u Bulgaria or bulgarian home shop? Is there any advice you could give.

Thanks
Kate
Hope you have a good time at the Devonshire Lodge - Nigela nd Glynis will look after you!

Rachel

-- Edited by MarkJ to remove unauthorised signature --
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.