Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
CAIRO DAY TRIP
17 Posts
Hi :wave:

Def fly :tup all the information you require is in this long existing topic http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10154
Defi fly, i wouldnt even consider doing it by bus!
hi we did the ciro trip by bus but we did have a overnight stop in cairo.
although its a long drive they do stop a few times for you to have a ciggie or the toilet.we went with first choice and as there was only 6 of us booked we went by minbus which was ok.
plenty to see on route including the suez canal.we stayed in the movenpik hotel just outside the pyramids which was great.
Hi madasharley could you please let me know how much this trip cost you and how much they are charging to go by air? thanks
hi we booked with first choice and i think it was around £140 each for the day/1 night by bus.
if you did the same trip by air it was around £100 each dearer..
The flight to Cairo which takes one hour costs on todays prices £179 - £193 per person (adult) with Thomson

http://www.thomsonexcursions.co.uk/top-five-excursion-offers/EGY/Egypt/001689/Egypt---Red-Sea/1008990612/Cairo-By-Air.aspx

I have done this trip by air and bus and i can tell you air wins hands down. We were on the bus for 6 hours and because it is dark most people were asleep, it was long drawn out and boring. Once off the coach you will be able to stretch your legs, but moving from pillar to post very quickly, this doesn't warrant the amount of time sat on it. strangely enough kids were on the coach and were playing up as they were fed up. You get a pack up on the coach and some water, but if that runs out, you will have to pay.

Cairo and Luxor takes an hour from 2am in the morning, great little planes and very very comfy, we were given lollies or ice creams, drinks all free and it was AC and was there in no time. To me there wasn't a lot of difference in the prices about £50 pp, and although tired from the early start, we came back more refreshed.

It is a long old day from 2 am in the morning to 7-8PM at night.

Michelle x
Thankyou both for your replies. We will be travelling with two infants so probably will go by air.
:) I would certainly recommend without doubt flying then with two infants, enjoy your day, its a great all round trip x
What time of year are you travelling? - would advise against taking infants to Cairo or Luxor in the summer (between May - Sept). It is simply too hot (liable to be in excess of 40 degrees with virtually no shade)
Last year Luxor and Cairo were 55 degrees, most people couldnt venture out it was so hot.
We will be travelling in November so should be ok, we have been to Sharm in March and November before but without kids. :)
I go in November now, a great time to go, enjoy your holiday x
We are going in November and are going to do the Pyamids by air when we get there what money do we need ? What extra do we pay for ? :tongue
I only took money for pop and nik naks should you wish to buy them. The coach has water on it, or did when we went to Luxor last year.
Hi sorry to be a pain lol so we don't pay to go in the Pyamids ? We went to Sharm 2 years ago but the trips with first choice were so expensive but ive since found a english travel agent in Sharm who does trips really cheap half the price off reps :tongue
You may have to pay for pyramids, i cannot remember if mum did. But when we went we was not allowed in them. If in the museum you want to look at certain tombs etc, yes you do pay and also pay to take photos of them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.