Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Cairo trip
10 Posts
Go for the Sound and Light, thats my opinion. If you wish to cruise on the Nile, make a holiday of it, not just a couple of hours.
Sound and light show without a doubt. Take warm clothing though it is freezing! They do hire out blankets which is a bonus and they do not cost much.

We did a trip with Soliman from Nuweiba and after the sound and light show we did a quick trip down the Nile and had dinner and cabaret entertainment.
Thanks for replying. Could anyone tell me a bit more about the light and sound show, I don't know much about it! What sort of times is it on?
great show,its on every night but they have different language commentarys everynight. just check when the english one is on,its quite a few times a week. show is a bit dated, needs disney to jazz it up a bit ! shows start about 7-8 pm. and go on for about an hour. they have chairs laid out for you,there is also a terrace bar with waiter service. take mozzie repellant with you . fantastic show though, hope this helps.
hi
we went to cairo from luxor a couple of years ago & around the pyramids there was tourists in all sorts of revealling gear like micro shorts/minis etc ( & struggling in high heels in the sand - made me giggle!) if you dress like that you will get leered at. if you are going anywhere else in cairo such as the market/souk i would strongly advise not wearing any sort of revealling outfits as you will get major major hassle. i wore cropped cotton cargo trews & strappy top at the pyramids etc & had no problems, in the markets i kept a light cotton jacket over my top & still got a little bit of leering but nothing major! ( i was with my husband). some single girlfriends of mine went to the markets in strappy tops & shorts & had bad problems with harrassment & groping - not to be advised - well not my idea of fun anyway.
enjoy!
How much is that from Taba if you dont mind me asking as would love to stay overnight

Thanks
We haven't booked it yet, but its $210 for an overnight stay with Longwood. Peltours also do an overnight stay. Go on their websites and have a look at the excursions, you should get all the info you need from there!
But if anyone knows any better deals let us know!
Thanks
where are you staying in Taba
I looked at the Peltours site but although I found their trips cheap their holidays were dearer and I need to stick to a budget as I have kids.
I just found a site called travel library and they do loads of trips from Sharm to Cairo etc. who also seem reasonable.
We are staying at the Hyatt, this will be our 4th time. We really like the hotel but we can't comment for the children as ours are grown up. We have seen entertainment for the kids at the evening and there is a children's club during the day so maybe somebody else can comment on this.

We are going with Thomsons but usually went with Longwood. Thomsons flights suit us better though this year. However the nearer to your holiday you leave it to book the more offers Longwood give - like money off drinks and the spa.

We understand you can book your tours with any operator once you are there, they just want your money. Also you can book on line before you go.

Anything else you want to know about the hotel just ask.

Shirley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.