Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Anybody............?

Can't believe it's had 115 views & nobody knows about the beach at least??
Hi well if i can help you i will, as for bars there is a couple in Finestrat, if you walk to the beach you will see them along that road, i have been in a couple but not sure what the music is like, i do know that there is a karoke bar opposite the hotel Magic Monika. If you carry on walking to the beach you will find lots of Spanish restaurants and a couple of English bars that have some entertainment, Finestrat beach is a small cove, not the big flat beach you see in the pictures. If you want to go to the big beach (Poniente) you can walk around the front of Finestrat or get the bus and it's the next stop. I think there maybe a rock bar near the hotel Bali, but there are plenty in Benidorm which is not too far on the bus. Where are you staying? as i go to Finestrat every year if you have anymore questions and i can help just ask :D
Just wanted to give you my view.

We stayed in Monika Holidays, had a great time but we had access to a free bus service into Benidorm. We were a little disappointed with Finestrat, the reason being is, its not got many bars, not too much to do there but like the previous post said, you can easily reach Benidorm, it really depends on what you are looking for. We like a lively busy resort and I'm afraid Finestrat wasn't for us. Saying that, I noticed last year when we went there for a quick visit, they are adding more stuff to it.

The beach is very picturesque but small.

Please don't let this put you off, this is only my opinion and we still had a great time. I hope you do too.

Sue x
Thanks for the replies, I think I'm staying in an apartment block called 'Panorama', is this close to the front?
Ah, now you have given some more information, we may be able to help you.
Not being funny, :oops: but staying in a private apartment and not knowing the name/location does not give me enough to work on. :wink:
It appears that the Panorama is a complex in Cala de finestrat and only 500 mtres from the beach ...this link from someone advertising their apartment may help you.
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/costa-blanca-valencia/pageid.22/rentals/Benidorm/5621

Sanji xxx
That's the exact apartment I'm staying in... :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to know if the beach in La Cala is the shallow one & what the local area is like,, Ta :D
Hi Domski

Can't really help with what's in the area as we have never stayed at that end but the beach at La Cala is great for children. We took our little boy who was 3 at the time and he loved it. There is also a little playground for them and there was loads of room on the beach but it was April :!:

The beach is quite wide and flat and is in a horsehoe shape, can't really comment on how deep the sea is as we only had a paddle.

Michelle :sun
Cheers Michelle,

That's just what I was after :D

We're going first week in June so it should still be fairly quiet, fortunately my girls school has an extra week during this holiday & 1 week less in summer so prices in early June are not as high as rest of school holidays.

My girls are 3 & 6 so we won't be doing much more than paddling ourselves, I have been to Benidorm many years ago but can't remember much about the beach (we went to Lavante all the time), but remember the beach at Lloret de Mar, it has a quite steep slope.

Nightlife is not that important as we're having a fairly quiet get away, but the girls (being girls :roll: ) love to dress up at night time.

In fact, looking at the calendar it's only 12 weeks away, be here in no-time :hyper

Dom.
Hiya Dom

That was spookey finding the exact apartment that you are staying in...it looks very nice :wink: I`ve never stayed in Cala de Finestrat, but walked to it, had a look around and walked back to Benidorm ..it is a nice little bay and I`m sure your 2 girls will love it. :wink:

Besos xxx
sanji
Just back & it was VERY quiet to what I've been used to in the past, we were in a largely residential area somewhat more than 500 meters than stated in the ad!

It was a ver nice apartment though & would be a really nice place to live, but a bit too quiet for a holiday.

All the bars were a wlk down the hill to the beach & then up the other hill away from the beach, entertainment was quite poor, most of the nearby bars closed early, the 'mini disco' at the 'Monika' was like Margherita Prakatan gone wrong.

A few bus & taxi rides into Beni was OK though, musical chairs & statues etc, gave my little girls the chance to put their party frocks on (you know how little girls are - maybe not some of you)

Would return closer to beni, but not to this side of town.

Upside was beach in daytime, could get quite busy but is nice & flat, me & my girls would wade out quite far & it was only just above their waists (made them feel very brave)
I would appreciate information about this resort in febuary Am thinking of going with hubbie and 17yr old daughter and her friend. Also has anyone any idea on the price of a taxi from alicante airport many thanks kath :)
Not much to do at night apart from a few bars if you are based there, lovely in the day and nice beach not big but safe and good for swimming, if it's night life your after you will have to go into benidorn or get the bus which is very cheap and frequent and get a taxi back, we went last year as we have been based there before at Monika, although we were in beni but was not happy with all the building they have done there now, they have spoit what was al ovely little place to me

Rosie
I'm worried this is going to be too quiet for my children. I am going on my own with my 15 year old daughter and my 11 year old son. My husband cant come with me. I am staying at

(it wont let me post it) its in holiday lettings and its called casa kimberly

from the 4th July to the 14th July.
any advice or information would be fabulous. A previous thread here was a bit alarming, with information on small beach, nothing to do, quiet, no restaurants/pubs. High rises getting built

where is cala beach in relation to here? and so on etc!!!
I look forward to hearing from all you knowledgable travellers!!
Nicki xxxx :D
oh and if you scroll up its next flat to the one called casa nicole
Nicki :(
Hi Niki

The apartment that you have booked is situated in the Panorama complex where a previous poster in this thread (Domski) stayed"¦scroll back a bit.

Cala de Finestrat is a small bay with a few restaurants/bars and really not much more to do, the beach is nice and being a sheltered bay the water is gentle and shallow, which makes it "nice" for small children, but I don't know how to say this and soften the blow"¦..
Imo; You and your children will be bored out of your heads at night-time and that (somewhat) cheap holiday letting will turn out to be expensive if you're going to be getting a bus or taxi into Benidorm every night.

La Cala and the beach stretches from the other side of the rocky promontory that forms one side of the protection to the bay of Cala de Finestrat and merges into the Poniente side of Benidorm, which is generally known as the "old town" and more Spanish than the extreme opposite end of the resort known as the levante side or "new town".

Personally, I would only stay in Cala de Finestrat if I had very small children (for the bay) and my idea of a holiday was sitting in the same bar every night with the kids asleep next to me in a buggy"¦.otherwise for the sake of your own sanity you will have to take the kids into Benidorm or to one of the theme parks.

If you look at this video, it shows a brief shot of the bay of Cala de Finestrat, La Cala beach and onwards towards the promontory that separates the old town of Benidorm from the new town.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=112909

Sanji
Niki, Finistrat is quiet, but it is so cheap to get a bus into town. It was 1 euro in March when we were last there! I think you may enjoy the walk into Old Benidorm and the shops there and perhaps get the bus back or bus all the way into the New Town.
They have a nice market twice a week, can't remember what days!? Try to get out and about and I'm sure you will have a lovely time.
My friend stayed at the resort for two weeks last year and was on her own with her three children who are around the same age groups as yours Nicki. She loved the area and is returning this year, it is so easy to get into Benidorm itself via a regular bus service that you have no need to worry about entertainment. If you want it quiet you can do that and if you want to be at the lively end you can jump on the bus and at peak season they also run through the night anyway.

I stayed at the Levante end last year and personally did not like it so have opted to stay at the same resort as you this year because I prefer to leave the hustle and bustle behind and have a decent nights sleep.

Each to their own though and regardless of where you stay you will have a brilliant time.
Hi All

Thought i would have my say. I have been to benidorm a few times started off by staying all inclusive at the meditareano. Then went on to stay at gemelos 22. However last year i tried la cala out and all i can say is it was fab yeah there isnt a lot going on but theres enough shops to have a wander round a good supermarket close by some nice places to eat at the beach side. I suppose its all about what you want from your holiday. If your expecting hustle n bustle and loads happening then your going to have to get the bus in to benidorm. I found the bus service very good indeed there is the no5 which takes you into in the old town or the no12 that takes you all the way to the rincon end of the town the no5 runs during the night in august not sure when you are going and theres always taxis. My children are 15 12 and 11. Im off to La cala in August again for two weeks. I also found the other holiday makers to be a lot more chattier in La cala then in benidorm itself i think this is mainly due to the fact that there isnt a lot of holiday makers in la cala compared to benidorm as its very much a residential area. My kids made friends in la cala just the same as they did in benidorm. Anyway thats my rant over with if you need any more information pm me. If we were going to be there the same we could of met up for a drink or two x catherine
I agree La Cala is fantastic, go every year with my children, we get the bus in to benidorm a couple of times, but i cant wait to get back, the beach is safe, lovely restaurants by the sea, bingo, if you want it and a lovely friendly atmosphere, we can only go in august and find benidorm a little to crowded, in those busy months, your have a lovely time where ever you stay. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.