Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Cala Font
27 Posts
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
hi Jo801 we were booked to go to the cala font in august but have since changed it when we found out that dogs were allowed in,i am not an animal lover at all and the thought of a dog using hotel rooms is disgusting,maybe its just me but never mind.We were booked with Thomsons and it did not say anything in the brochure about dogs being allowed in the hotel and when we rang them they confirmed this and waived the admin fee to change hotels if we so wish ,which we did.I found this out after reading a holiday thread about the cala font on http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk. Thomsons and other british tour operators should really stipulate wether or not dogs are allowed in the hotels that they publish.Anyway sorry to post this but if i came across dogs in hotel rooms or on balconies i would not be happy especially after spending a lot of money.
Hi All

Thanks very much for the replies

Jo
Hiya :D

I have just got back from the cala font cap salou-we had a fantastic time!
The hotel was sooo much nicer than I thought-really clean and fantastic location-the little beaches are lovely-just be careful of the slope walking down to them as it is quite a slant....gets you fit though!!!
the food is nice to look at-theres loads of it sometimes not all that nice and not overly warm but on the whole cant complain!!!!
very glad we stayed in cap salou rather than salou-its only a 20 min walk away and easy to get to for nightlife and shops but the beach is very busy so it was nice to go there for entertainment and then go to our beach and chill-very nice and would defo recommend-any questions just ask!!!
Hi Katie :wave

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review HERE when you have time.

Many thanks :tup

Pippy :D
Hi Katiehghtn

Could you tell me if the rooms at the Cala Font have hairdryers and do they supply beach towels?

Thanks

Jo
Hi sorry l8 reply-no they dont.
Hello to all of you!!

Just paid for our first family holiday abroad (bank balance now looks sorrowful) with Thomson, hubby, two children and me will be staying at the Cala Font Hotel for two weeks from 18th August.

Excited? You bet I am, hubby won't be 'til we're there (typical bloke never gets excited unless watching football) :roll:

Love this forum and the unbiased info sure beats the travel agents glossy brochures blah blah anyday and your posts really do help people decide on future holidays. So glad I read some reviews before booking up otherwise I could've ended up with ants in my bed!!

Any information on the Cala Font Hotel will be very much apprieciated.

Keep up the good work guys!!
hi
welcome to HT! :D Have you seen our reviews of the Cala Font hotel?
(PS- husbands are all the same :lol: )
How lovely! This was the hotel I stayed at (many moons ago) for my very first trip abroad.

Kath x
Sorry no info on your hotel as we stopped in the Med Village Cap Salou. We much prefered Cap Salou to the main resort of Salou, but you can easily walk to Salou depending on ages of children (mine were 8 and 10)
Beach was nice and not crowded (could not move on Salou beach) a few nice restaurants and pubs, pool tables, bungy trampolines, shops, chemist etc. bus service very good. Have a great time
Hi there...im going to the Med Village in just over 3 weeks cant wait....Ive heard so many good things from this forum..it really is a god send ...its made me go from dreading my holiday ..to really looking forward to it ...it will be my first time away since 10 years ago ....cant wait :hyper
:D hi halfanangel. i've been to cap salou twice at the med village and the cala font looks a really nice hotel. it is on a road with an incline to be a little steep. but the little beach is just down the road and there is a shop in front of the hotel. down the road there are supermarket and shops kids amusements and the paddock and another pub(name forgotten) the paddock has entertainment which is quite good. there are bus stops and land train just up from the hotel the supermarket at the sunclub hotel is good for essentials. that's at the top of the road too.
thanks for the replies guys

so glad I chose Cap Salou resort now, seems a really nice place to stay even if it seems a little too quiet for some, but I really didn't want to be in a place where all you hear every night is 'En-ger-land'.
I e-mailed the hotel requesting a sea view/ pool view room but no reply, might try again nearer the time.

could anyone recommend a specific room to ask for away from lifts, best view and also what floor is best to be away from noise?
Hi

Can anybody advise on parking around this hotel!

Thanks in advance
When we went in 2003 they had there own carpark
hi all members
hotel cala font or festival village
read some reviews about these just wondered if any members had any advice on any of these to hotel never been to salou before big family wanting to go any 2 years to 60 years
any tips on locations of these things for children to do
the hotel cala font looks lovely but after reading a few reviews it say dogs are allow where do they sleep also one reviews says a family took there rabbit so was abit worried
any help
thank you
I was also a bit worried about possible noise/mess from dogs before we stayed there at the end of August.

There was a dog in the room opposite us but we never heard it at night and only occasionally when we were returning to our room.

We met a few dogs in the lift so it was clear there were a few staying but they were'nt a problem at all.

We really liked the hotel and our 9 year old son loved the pool and beach, and hanging around with the other kids in the games area.

Hope this helps.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.