Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Go for Cal'n Bosch,been going to Menorca for 26 years always stay at S'Algar,but have seen everywhere else.If I had to recommend my own family now they are grown up with their own children,it would be there.
Yes I agree if you like a little bit more life, Cal'n Bosch, bit more for the kids.
Mind you Sur Menorca in Punta Prima is very child orientated, has a lovely beach with a crazy golf course and small water park.
Oh dear, I thought I had just narrowed it down to Club Hotel Almirante or Binimar apartments in Cala Forcat! So, Cala Bosch & S'Algar are nicer resorts then? Many thanks
I don't think you would like S'Algar with a seven year old,there isn't a lot for them to do.Although it's a pretty place I think you would be better off going to Cal'n Bosch.
Thanks for that, definitely want resort with kids things to do at night. Will see what hotels/apartments I can find in Cala n Bosch
We love Calan forcat! We have an 8 and 6 year old and calan forcat is excellent for them going back there for the 3rd time in August as they love it so much. There is so much for them to do plus a waterpark along the main strip. We have stayed inLos lentiscos twice but this year we are staying in Cabo de Banos which is quieter. The crystal clear coves are ideal for snorkelling to.
will let you know about Cala N'Bosch in a couple of weeks!
:D :D
Jim
cala N forcat has maybe 3 or 4 bars with bouncy castles to the side, as well as the water park, there is ample to keep the kids occupied in the resort but hiring a car and seeing the island is something i would recommend.

cala N bosch has the Goody Goody park which is good for the kids but i cant comment on the resort as we only visited for an afternoon, our 5 & 4 year old boys loved it, but would rather stay in cala N forcat.

The binimar in cala N forcat is a big hotel situated about 5 minutes walk from the nearest part of the main town, haven't stayed there though but passed it every day last year when we stayed at Menorca Sea Club Apts.

the Club Hotel Almirante i seem to recall is a fair walk out of the centre (probably about 15 mins walk to the centre) and might not be the best for someone with a child, please check out the location if you choose this hotel.

this year we stayed at Vista Picas Apts which i thought was lovely.

as for keeping the kids amused at night, there is a bar across the road from the water park with a massive inflatable whale that goes up and down, kids climb into the mouth and ride it (there is a way out at the back so dont worry),,,it is secure and can only be entered through the bar area, so you can sit with a glass of wine/sangria or a beer and the kids will just play until you tell them its bedtime.

at the entrance to the waterpark there is a similar sort of soft play area but our kids really loved the whale
I have just returned from Calan Bosch and would definately recommend it for a seven year old. My son is 8 and had a fantastic time.

Everywhere is child friendly.

The marina, where most of the restaurants/bars are, is quite lively but very laid back, some nights there were people dressed up and on stilts, jugglers etc. walking up and down among the people.
There is also GOODY GOODY which is a place at the end of the marina where there are amusements, trampolines,bouncy castles, crazy golf, mini motorbikes etc. you can also have drink here too.

The beach is lovely (it does get crowded though), the sea is fairly shallow for quite a way out.

This was my first time in Menorca so can't speak for anywhere else, but definately recommend Calan Bosch :D
Hi, I stayed at the Vista Picas last year and like paperman said it was really nice there.
It's not far from the main strip area and I would definitely recommend it to people with children.
I booked through portlanddirect.co.uk and got a really good price too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.