Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Cala Vadella is a "prettier" beach than Cala Tarida - I have spent many days out there when on Ibiza.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach/cala_vadella_i.htm

Also, there is a little "courtyard" area with a few restaurants in it. Not sure what is at Cala Tarida, as we have never stayed there for long.

Cala Vadella, as with many of the nicer/smaller resorts in Ibiza, is visited more by Germans than English people. Not that it should bother you, if you're looking for a great beach with something to do at night then I think it would be a good choice.
Thanks for that! I have noticed now that neither locations are actually towns, resorts only, so thats puts me off as it willl be nothing but tourists! Oh god i dont know what to do, really want somwhere quite to escape to with easyish reach of the partying?!!!?
Thanks for that! I have noticed now that neither locations are actually towns, resorts only, so thats puts me off as it willl be nothing but tourists! Oh god i dont know what to do, really want somwhere quite to escape to with easyish reach of the partying?!!!?
My husband and I visited both resorts and found Valetta full of germans but very pictuesque but Tarida smelt of sewerage not sure if this was stagnated sea water as no sewerage was evident. We stayed in S.Antonio Bay which was nice as a short walk to the Town but entertainment closer if required, but as you say full of "bloody tourists"!!. :D
God so now my decision is based on germans or sewage! not sure either sound very attractive!!
spent several long days at Cala Tarida. Found it to be the best place for beach on the island. didn,t smell sewrage once. Don,t know what the nightlife is like but there were plenty of restaurants. next time I visit Ibiza thats where I will base myself
ostrich farm fairly nearby ... a strong wind could explain the whiff experienced by others!! :D
Allie
I'm not sure you're going to get exactly what you're looking for - as Ibiza is only a small island and therefore there aren't many "towns" that aren't resorts, if you know what I mean!

The only way to avoid tourists would be to hire a villa somewhere remote (and there are plenty of those) and then drive yourselves to different bays and beaches every day. There are many beautiful beaches to visit, and some of the inland scenery is pretty, too.
Then of course, you'd need to get taxis at night if you wanted to go to Ibiza Town or San An/Sta Eulalia.

Hope you sort something out - it really is a beautiful island. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.