Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Calas de mallorca is lovely, a small compact resort. Not as posh as cala D'or but for a cheapie deal is great. Enjoy !! CBG
hi have been to calas four years running the resort and beaches are small but lovelly your hotel has great sea vews and i have heard great reports you will love calas :cheers :sun2
Hi, we have also had a good bargain to the Hotel America, in Calas De Mallorca. Where are you flying from? we are travelling from Cardiff on the 4th June for a week.

I have read a few reviews and they all sound good, all i hope for now is scorching weather :sun2

Jeanette
Were flying from Newcastle next Saturday night (31st), certainly hope the weather picks up a bit over the next week before we fly out there. :sun2

I know it was a bit of a bargain holiday but its a bit of a horror flight back - 2.30am on the Sunday morning.
We hope they allow us to keep our room on until at least Saturday evening, even if there is a charge it will be worth it.

Really looking forward to it, cheaper than spending a week off in rip off Britain.

Can't have enough holidays...:cheers
Hi,

Our flight is a little bit better. its 11.30pm from palma.

Yes i am also keeping my fingers(and everything else lol) crossed about the weather. ;) usually its pretty good weather in june.

We will just have to have a drink or three in the bar if its not :cheers

Jeanette
We stayed here last year and are going again on Sat, the resort is small but everything is there and the views from the hotel are good. We had a great time and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Thanks carol,

i am sure i will enjoy it, looking foreward to it now.

Does anyone know of any web cams in calas de mallorca, near the hotel america?
Also going to Hotel America, 19th June. Don't know if they issue wristbands or cards for the AI. Can you still eat and drink after you have checked out of your room. Just asking as our transfer pick up isn't till 5.30pm. Thanks Karen
stayed at the America 4 years ago, family of 4, we had a fab holiday the America is a nice hotel in a great location, a step away from the beautiful beach, the resort itself is small but still enough going on, I am sure you will all have a great holiday. Debbie.
Hi Mrnkar you get wristbands for all inclusive at the hotel america. We stayed there last year and had a good holiday. You can eat and drink until the coach arrives to take you to the airport as they dont take the band off when you check out at midday. Hope you have a good time.
just booked Canarios Park for the 5th july only 4 weeks to go! just waiting on confirmation, fingers crossed and all that ;)

All inclusive, but still whats the bars like?

As its the british GP on the 6th and need somewhere to slope off and watch it whilst enjoying a few cold ones in the sun :tup

oh and wifi hotspots? free??
Well, we got back yesterday morning from a week at the Hotel America and have to say it didn't disappoint.
Our first ever venture into the All Inclusive style holiday and was very impressed with the Hotel America, have to say we thought it was worthy of more than 3*.
We went to the Hotel Costa Caleta in Fuerteventura in March and that proudly claimed to be 3* + and it wasn't a patch on the Hotel America

Hotel was well maintained both internally & externally with great facilities, especially liked the garden terrace area overlooking the beach a lovely sunbathing area.

For us the food was top class plenty of variety, BBQ every night, pizzeria open 12-12 and themed nights in the main restaurant (have to mention the chips absolutely lovely, so so crispy).

The local beer they served was San Miguel so you couldn't complain.

As for the resort itself was pleasantly surprised with it, it had plenty to offer, enough bars & restaurant however have to admit it did in seem slightly tired in places and i felt it could do with a bit of a tidy up.

Several people we spoke to had travelled independently getting equally good deals through teletext or the internet and had also used the resort hopper, so if your looking for a decent deal on a weeks holiday try the Hotel America.

All in all was very pleased with our 1st ever All Inclusive holiday and will certainly go back to the Hotel America if another deal is to be had.

Roll on September and a week in the Med Palace, Tenerife. :cheers
Thanks for the replies regarding wristbands and also the latest review. I am really looking forward to my holiday with hubby in 9 days time. First holiday without any kids. Karen
Well The Hotel America is a wonderful hotel if they honour your booking. A word of warning be careful who you book with. These words actually came from the manager to a couple who had the same problems as us. This hotel takes bookings for rooms that they don't have. On arrival they tell you there is a problem with the rooms (usually drains) and they move you to another hoel. Tell you it is only for sleeping in and that you can use the America for everything. Only problem other hotel Club Eurocalas is a 25 minute walk away. If you don't fancy the walk, you are stuck with a Hotel that a tiny snack bar closes at 6pm and the very poor main restaurant, barely warm food, no microwaves closes and 9, so no food after that, also the bar at 11.45 despite being advertised on all the websites as A.I with food and bar being available to 12.

Here is my story. We arrived at the America 11pm Thursday night and told the story, tired and not realizing how far away the other hotel was we were put in a taxi and sent on our way. On the Friday I phoned Beds with Ease complaining (This is who Travel Republic used, as we booked it with them) They said that they hadn't been informed of any problems with the rooms, so they rang the Hotel. It is then that they and we discovered that in fact there were no rooms, not even ones with drain problems. They tried to get us moved to somewhere else but no one had availibility. We then found out that the same thing had happened to about 12 other couples,(easy to spot running round with 2 wristbands) who had used many differents agents. We noticed on the Saturday while visiting the America that they were checking people in, so I went to reception and ask about our rooms, only to be told they didn't have any, I said but you are checking people in. I then ask to see the manager and while waiting for her in reception a guy came and ask for a room change and they said ok but the room would not be ready until 1pm. When I saw the manager I ask her how can you tell us there is not any rooms when you are checking people in and even changing peoples rooms. She said my conditions were different to theres? I told her they were not, that I had booked a room at the Hotel and so did they. She then told me a room would be available from Monday. Had she not have said that. I would have been straight back on to my agents to tell them I wanted flying home.
From what I can gather if you book Thomsons etc or a package, you are Ok but if you use a booking agent, you may get lucky.
The one thing that appalled me was they actually moved a couple, one of whom was in a wheelchair as well, although they got a room the next day.
If this is happening now before the proper summer holidays. I only hope there are not too many disappointed people.
Also when one of the other couples who had also been moved was checking for other accommodation on the internet, it was still showing the America as available for booking with many different agents. This at the time they were telling us they had no rooms.
Only thing I can suggest people do, if you have booked, diy is ring or e-mail the hotel or contact your agent to confirm you have a room and when you get there don't fall for the problem with the rooms story like we did. Get straight on to your agent.
I would love to go back to the America but this has put me off, as I am not prepared to pay what the Hotel itself charge or the like of Thomsons etc. This being about double what I paid. Just hope anyone that has booked has a better holiday then I did.
I have just sent a letter to Travel Republic basically informing them of what this Hotel is doing. Karen
That is terrible Karen.

Could you copy and paste your review into our Hotel Reviews site for the benefit of other members?

Thanks.

luci :wave
Have done. Noticed in reviews it is listed as a Hotelur Hotel. It is now part of Hoteles Globales group. Karen
out there tomorrow evening, staying at the canarios park, cant wait!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.