Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We booked through Medhotels.
Hi we are also booked to go here in July and looking for info?
We are booked to go to the Calimera Golden Beach Resort in Hurghada July 2006...

Has anyone been here or near to here???

Also, i am reading a lot about Egyption Money being 'filthy' is this so? Surely all money where ever it is from isn't exactly clean :? I am also reading a lot of people talking about 'Tummy Troubles' even the most hardened of people, can anyone confirm this?

Would love to hear from anyone out there :lol:

Suexx
The Calimera Golden Beach is on the outskirts of Hurghada, away from the hustle and bustle but within easy distance if you wish to come in to town. As the name implies it has its own beach.

Yes the money is really dirty.

Now re tummy troubles - yes a lot of people get upset stomachs. Bear in mind that the temperature will be higher than you are accustomed to. Alcohol can have an affect, the change of water, the change of food etc. Most people who are struck down are normally okay within a couple of days. A very good pill from any of the local pharmacies here is: Streptoquin. A couple, slightly crunched and then swallowed with water should set you to rights without any of the cramps afterwards.

Hope you enjoy your holiday, and if there is any more info I can help with, just ask!
Thanks Semsema, for your information regarding the position of the hotel. Are there any shops or bars within walking distance or is a taxi required.

I have also read that there are wind turbines on the opposite side of the road to the hotel, is this right? Surely this means that there is a pleasant wind blowing in Hurghada.

Have you ever stayed at the hotel? Or just know of it.
Hiya,

Sinai Divers have a dive centre at the Hotel Calimera, same place or different?

I have some links with photos if they are one and the same.

MrsMac
Hello,

Is the hotel you are talking about in Hurghada, The Calimera Golden Beach is in Hurghada, however, there is another Calimera Hotel in Sharm El Sheik.

We are staying in Hurghada, but would be interested in any information and pictures you may have if it is the right hotel.

Bellys
Yeah the Hotel Calimera I'm talking about is in Hurghada, however I have had a good look round on various sites but still cant find out if the place you're off to is somewhere different.
click This Link, select dive sites on the left hand column. Then Hotel Calimera on the top right. You should be able to navigate to the piccys of the dive center and hotel ok from here. Let me know if you have any probs.

MrsMac
Hi again,

Have checked out the site and the good news is, it is our hotel!!!!

Are the photos on this website the photos that you were talking of or do you have any further pics and info?

It is good to see that we can possibly dive directly from our hotel. It must be a good hotel if a diving club uses it. :D

Bellys
Hello,

Well we have just got back from the Calimera and I have to say it was fabulous. I have posted my review on the hotel for anyone interested in going there. :D

Bellys.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.